Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Wrong Access for all local guides

@ShafiulB u r Right... 

Former Google Contributor

@SifathA @ShafiulB @Tom-SR @Pea @LucioV 

The original poster (OP) and moderators can mark a post as the best answer. Only one account per person is allowed in the Local Guides program. If you see someone violating this rule, please notify a moderator privately. 

Connect Moderator

Thanks for your Replay Dear @Corrie ...

But we want to say Here that, Some Local Guides Post a topic on Connect, Then make a replay and Mark their own replay as a Solution Accepted .

Is that matter not a Violating The Rule...  ?

Plz Do something for this Problem... 

Connect Moderator

@Corrie or @TraciC Day by day many user use this option in wrong way .....

Plz do something .

Googler
Solution

Hi @ShafiulB. Again, thanks for sharing the feedback. I believe I've commented on an earlier post of yours in December suggesting that if you see someone replying to their own post and accepting their own solution that is incorrect, you are welcome to tag them in a response and let them know the solution is not correct, if that is the case. Most often, Local Guides are happy to be directed to do the right thing if someone takes the time to let them know. Google moderators (Google employees) such as myself as well as Local Guides Connect Moderators are very active here on Connect and we monitor Connect for inappropriate or abusive behavior. If we see something that is not correct, we will let someone know and/or in an instance like this, unaccept a solution. If you're finding something inappropriate, feel free to flag the post as inappropriate and list the reason why before submitting the report which will be reviewed by Google moderators. 

As has been shared, only the original poster or a moderator may accept (or unaccept) a solution. While not every post has an accepted solution status, it is enabled on all boards as sometimes, people don't always post in the correct forums, despite our best efforts to educate and moves posts when we can. It's just the nature of online communities. 🙂 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Connect Moderator

@TraciC thanks for your final Solution...  

I have already make some replay as inappropriate...  Thanks again 

But just I want to say that,,  if we have no permission to give kudos to our own post or replay, Why we can easily Mark our Post as a Solution. 

If we systemly disable to mark our own Replay as a solution accepted it would be very Clear the forum Judgment.

Googler

@ShafiulB I see the value in marking your own replies as a solution when you've found the answer elsewhere and want to update your post to reflect a solution. In a perfect world, someone else would always answer your question or you would update your original post to say "UPDATE: Solution found and here it is:" but that isn't always the case. Again, thanks for sharing the feedback and as Connect continues to grow and evolve, we'll consider additional updates. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Connect Moderator

@ShafiulB I personally don't see any harm marking our own reply as the solution. Like what @TraciC has explained above, sometimes a person would go on Connect asking a specific thing, and before anyone can answer it, the person already find the answer. I think it makes sense for that person to write the answer and mark it as a solution.

I know this can be abused easily, and only works only if people are using it diligently. I'm all for accuracy in this forum, so if you think you notice someone abusing this, feel free to tag me into the post and I'll help take a look. I can't promise I'll be able to do this all time, considering I have a full time job and... you know.. need to sleep 😛 but I can help to the best to my ability.

Connect Moderator

@iyudhi Thanks for your Replay..  

You r right...  

But iI have a question to u..  

If I mark my  own replay as solution, I can increase my solution accepted count up. 

Without help others or me I can up my Total solution accepted count so high...

is this matter not violented the program accuracy....? 

Connect Moderator

@ShafiulB In that case that means you're just abusing the system, and that's something we want to avoid. 

Don't think too much about the numbers. The participation in Local Guides Connect is not supposed to be solely for competing to get the most number of kudos or solutions. Do it for the purpose of interacting, engaging, and helping each other.

In other words, just do what seems natural.