walkerweb's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Desk Top Maps Google Account missing name. To continue, take 10 seconds to add a name- not Mo

Hi @jojo522,

Would you please check this post on the Google Maps & Earth Help forum?

Please follow the instructions under Best Answer and confirm back by tagging me as a reply in this thread, whether it works or you are still facing the problem.

I hope it works,

Marin

Re: Desk Top Maps Google Account missing name. To continue, take 10 seconds to add a name- not Mo

Hi @jojo522, I merged your post here "Your google account is missing your name" because this thread discusses the same topic of your issue.

Our team is currently looking into the issue. Thank you!

Level 8

Your Google Account is missing your name. To continue, take 10 seconds to add a name.

I seem to be yet another person having this problem.

Oddly enough it works fine on my phone, but I can't write any reviews on my computer, as I get "Your Google Account is missing your name. To continue, take 10 seconds to add a name." every time.

For some reason it seems like Google doesn't see my name any more, as when it asks me which account to use, I can't even see it, which is really weird.

The problem is, if I follow the link to add a name, it's already there, so what am I supposed to do?

I've already tried the suggested fixes I've seen elsewhere, but none of them help.

Re: Your Google Account is missing your name. To continue, take 10 seconds to add a name.

Hi @TheLostSwede

I merged your post here i this relevant thread: "Your google account is missing your name" Our team is currently looking into the issue. Please can you share with us  some more details?

1. Which browser are you currently using? 
  2. Version? 
  3. Screenshot of your issue without any personal details on it
  4. When did you first notice the issue?

Many thanks!

Thank you!

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 10

@MarinSt

Hi there,
Thanks for posting in Google maps help forum,
In desktop,
Chrome menu settings> advanced settings> clear browsing data> clear cache and data,
Chrome menu settings>  sync> sync everything,
Scroll down to " manage synced data on Google dashboard "> scroll down to reset sync> reset,
You will be signed out from chrome and signed in devices,
Then click on " sign in to your chrome browser" > finished,
You will be asked to sign in other devices for the same account,
Restart computer.

I tried as per instructions but it does not work for me, still facing the problem.

jojo
Level 8

「タイムライン(500 server error)」 と 「Googleアカウントに名前が無い」不具合について

ヘルプフォーラムでも最近質問が多く出るようになった上記2件で、ローカルガイド仲間でも発生するようになってきましたので、こちらでも質問させていただきたいと思います。

質問

1) タイムラインにアクセスできない(500 server error , サーバにアクセスできません , マップに接続できません数分後にもう一度お試しください など)

特に最近多くなってきた質問で、問題を生じるユーザの多くのはタイムラインに追加・修正を多数加えているように思えます。

これらの問題は、解決した(自分の場合はしばらくしたら回復)人もいればいつまでたっても解決できない人もいる状況

ヘルプフォーラムでも昨年(2017/8/17 - AM4:00)に復旧した旨がコミュニティマネージャによって記載されているものの、再発しているように見える。

具体的な対応方法がわからず、治らないユーザーは途方に暮れている状況。

2) Googleアカウントに名前が無い という表示の後、口コミや写真が投稿できなくなる

2015年あたりから発生しており、localguideconnect や 英語版ヘルプでも過去数回トピックにあがっていたものが日本でも発生した状況

ここ1ヶ月程度で多数のユーザに発生している状況。

発生しているユーザは、姓・名のいずれかが空欄であり、 https://aboutme.google.com/ で、名前の空欄を解決すれば、問題は解決する模様。

問題なのは、このアカウントが無いという表示で10秒以内に追加せよというのはウィルスではないかと、ハイレベルのレベルユーザーも思うようなポップアップがでること。

以下ローカルガイド及びサポートページにある関連の内容

Your Google account is missing your name

英文では「Your Google account is missing your name. To continue, take 10 seconds to add your name.」です
  Write review error ... "your google account is missing your name"

"Google Account is missing your name" when trying to add a Maps review

これらについて、現在何かサービス的に問題を生じているのか、解決方法のサポートページなどの有無と、最善の解決策があればご教示を頂けるとより多くのユーザやローカルガイドが助かるように思います。

Googleモデレータ さんとして @Atsukot さんを入れさせて頂きます。

Re: 「タイムライン(500 server error)」 と 「Googleアカウントに名前が無い」不具合について

Hi @KOBAYASHI_Jun

Thanks a lot for flagging. Our team is currently investigating the issue. We will let you know as soon as possible.

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 8

Re: 「タイムライン(500 server error)」 と 「Googleアカウントに名前が無い」不具合について

Thanks @MariaBi .

I hope to get better soon.

Level 4

I'm not having this problem, but I think I might have something you All can try. When you created your Google account And signed into the tour guide to be able to respond here in this forum, you had to allow or deny certain account settings to be shared. Here is screenshot in one instance that I had to allow before posting this comment.20180202_114854.png

It might be possible to go to your account permissions, or your Google privacy settings and see if you've disallowed your profile information from being viewed publically. Just a suggestion. Hope it works. 

Level 7

Unable to add reviews and ratings or uploading photos

when going to review etc a massage comes sign in or cancel but I am unable to do it.Please advise how to fix it.