cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

[EMAIL ADDRESS REDACTED]

@NadyaPN wrote:

Hey @Marshall2,

Are you having the same problem? Can you please let us know what is the Device, OS and Google Maps version you're using? Also, when did this issue occur? 

FYI - I've removed your email from the subject. We care deeply about everyone's privacy and that's why sharing personal information (such as emails and phone numbers) is not allowed here on Connect.

Thanks,

Nadya

Former Google Contributor

Re: Review Error Re = Your Google Account is missing your name etc though it does.

Hey @GenerolHavoc, this is known issue and the team is getting it investigated. I'm merging your post into this thread and it would be helpful if you could share information about the device, browser and OS on which you are experiencing this. Thank you. 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 9

Re: Write review error ... "your google account is missing your name"

Hi there Maria

Same issue: Your google acct is missing you name please take 10 seconds to  add you name...etc... " 

Have tried: uninstalling Google Maps totally, reinstall, (not beta). = same message. 

have tried: signing out of my Google acct. 

Might try deleting google acct which is a bit radical though. 

do you have any suggestions ? 

desktop acct works well. 

thanks for your help 

Heiko 

Hey @Cinnamon,

Thanks for reaching out! As @JeslynL said in her previous reply, this is a known issue and we are currently investigating it. As she also suggested, could you please share information about the device, browser and OS on which you are experiencing this?

A small note: If you want to tag someone in a post, please use @ and then start typing their name slowly until it appears in the small window. Then click it and you're good to go! 

Thank you,

Nadya

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Hi Nadya,

thanks for your response: 

I found a way to make it work: on Android: 

- log out of Maps

- delete all data and cache for 

1. google maps
  2. gmail
  3. play store

log back into maps and it worked. 

🙂 

if that had not worked: I would have removed the Gmail acct and closed all Google apps, totally then updateed them and logged back in as if it were a new phone out of the box. 

fortunately that was not required. 

kind regards

Heiko 

Hey @Cinnamon,

Thanks for following up! I'm glad everything works fine now.

See you around!

- Nadya

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 5

@NadyaPN @JeslynL  Unfortunately still doesn't work for me. Have tried signing-out, deleting the cache & data on the google apps as per @Cinnamon post but still get the Account name missing. Loathe to do much more at this stage especially as these workarounds seem to be hit-or-miss. Galaxy S7 Android 7.0 via Maps app. 9.71.0

Level 3

@Thebestofit@<EMAIL REDACTED>

Level 6

Re: Review & photo uploading problem from desktop

I am having this same issue when attempting to write reviews via Google Maps app.  I have not been able to write a review for months. Message states my account requires a name when one already exists .

Hi @Daylward,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the details! This issue is still being investigated. We will let you know as soon as we have an update.

@Marshall2, as I said before, sharing personal information publicly is not allowed on Connect. That's why your post was edited.

@Valsimots, could you please let us know the device, browser and OS on which you are experiencing this?

Thank you all for your understanding!

- Nadya