walkerweb's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Write review error ... "your google account is missing your name"

@benoy19 wrote:

I have been facing the same problem for a long time. Can somebody help me? 

Level 6

Was there nothing noticeable at all that changed from when this issue was able to straightened itself out for you? Any info or changes at all prior to it becoming fixed for you would be great, thank you. @diwanow

Level 3

Re: possible fixes... Re: Write review error ... "your google account is missing your name&quot

Thank you! It's fixed for me too now. 

Syncing People Details under accounts worked!

Level 10

Only thing I so recall is deleting the app and reinstalling it but the big change was when I made an review on desktop. I that managed to trigger a refresh of the data that flowed through to the mobile app.

Level 3

Your google account is missing your name..

I tried to manually sync google account and reinstall the maps app but nothing seems to be working.

Latest google map app

Android 8

Huawei 10 pro mate

Help!

Level 7

I am facing the same problem for quite a few months. My app is updated to the latest version.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy On7, Android Marshmallow

Also tagging moderator @JeslynL requesting information on when the problem will be solved.

Level 5

ImI getting the same problem from a couple of week. It's in my android 4.4, and the maps app is hostedu to the latest version

Level 1

Hello there. I just wanted to report that I am also having this issue. I am on a Samsung S8+ with Verizon as my carrier. It is happening on my the account I am posting this with. I have another secondary Google account and it is not happening at all. I have gone in and made sure my name was filled out in all places it would be required. @JeslynL @Atsukot @brittym 

Level 5

Please update the solution to the "name required" issue to inform people that activating People Details on Sync options will fix the problem. The"solution" post is infuriatingly useless at the moment.

Level 1

Thanks @AeroAndrew That did the trick 😉