walkerweb's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Write review error ... "your google account is missing your name"

I'm also experiencing the save problem for a couple of years now. When i click add name on the error message, my name is already there.

I'm using a Samsung galaxy s8 now, but the same issue happend when I had my Galxaxy S7 too! It's very frustrating. 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Munirkazi,

Thanks for reaching out! We'll let you know when there's an update about this issue.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused!

- Nadya

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 6

Using Google Maps Android app (9.72.2) on Samsung S7 Edge (SM-G935W8) with Android 7.0 

Former Google Contributor

Thanks for this, @Valsimots!

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 5

I have a Samsung Galaxy s7 and I am still having the same issue. Stating that I need to add my name error.

Level 5

I had done a reset factory and now I'm also having this issue. 

Device: Huawei P8 Lite (ALE-21)

Browser: Google Chrome

Level 3

Name already on Google, but Cannot Contribute to Google Maps

I have been unable to find an answer that works for me. I'd like to contribute to GoogleMaps, but I always get a warning message that my Google accounts requires my name. My name is already there. How can I remedy this?

Level 3

Re: Name already on Google, but Cannot Contribute to Google Maps

BTW, I have cleared the cache, uninstalled, re-installed, un-enabled access, re-enabled access... What else can I do?

Level 9

Re: Name already on Google, but Cannot Contribute to Google Maps

Hi @butrvly,

We're sorry for the inconvenience you're facing. Please take a closer look into this thread  and learn how you can resolve this issue. 

Also please refer to the link mention below, 

1. https://productforums.google.com/forum/m/#!searchin/maps/Missing$20your$20name/maps/lF61tMMdRkk
  2. https://support.google.com/maps/forum/AAAAQuUrST8E63JW82DLIQ/?hl=en

Thank you 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 3

Hi there- I am having issues leaving a review when signed into my account.

It keeps telling me I need to add a name - but I already have one associated with my account.

I have signed out of all Google accounts, cleared my cache and opened up new browsers.

I am on a Desktop - Windows 10 Pro, Version 1703, OS Build 15063.850

I am not sure what additional information is needed.

Thank you!

-Samantha