mahmoudhassan84's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

problem on android: Your google account is missing your name. to continue, take 10 seconds to add

How can I fix this problem? 

when i add review on mobile only (not on my computer), the following message appear: 

Your google account is missing your name. to continue, take 10 seconds to add name. 

My name is present and my information, i try to update it, to clear cache, to sync people details manually under account>>> google>>> people details. all of this not working and the problem still exist.

Any idea!!!???

61 comments
Level 7

Add Name Error - While Writing Review in Android Device

Dear All,

Please refer to the below screenshot where I am unable to write / edit reviews using my android device. However, I am able to write / edit reviews using my iOS or Windows devices. 

I have reseted my device, removed Google account and re login but situation remains the same.

PIC 1, Error while writing or editing reviewPIC 1, Error while writing or editing review

PIC 2, Name is intact, even after changing didn't workPIC 2, Name is intact, even after changing didn't work

Device is Samsung Note 5 (Android Ver.7)

Level 9

Re: Add Name Error - While Writing Review in Android Device

@EjazShah as I already mention in this post. 

It's not a big problem bro. 

Open all browser and and cell phones where you logged in. Remove or log out from every where.

Phone: Open settings 

Go to accounts

Remove google account.

Switch off your cell

Turn it on

Open Play store 

login here.

I'm fully sure your problem will be solve.

If the problem still persist try searching for updates or restore your cell. 

Because i faced the same.

Keep smile.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 7

Re: Add Name Error - While Writing Review in Android Device

Dear @deepakjhic, I am sorry brother but it didn't work. Not an issue 😊

Level 9

Re: problem on android: Your google account is missing your name. to continue, take 10 seconds to ad

@mahmoudhassan84 Not a big problem dear. 

Let me assist you about it.

Open all browser and and cell phones where you logged in. Remove or log out from every where.

Phone: Open settings 

Go to accounts

Remove google account.

Switch off your cell

Turn it on

Open Play store 

login here.

I'm fully sure your will be solve.

I also faced the same.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Add-Name-Error/m-p/346392/highlight/false#

@EjazShah

Another link for you

https://support.google.com/maps/forum/AAAAQuUrST8lF61tMMdRkk/?hl=en

Hope it help you. 

Connect Moderator

Re: problem on android: Your google account is missing your name. to continue, take 10 seconds to ad

Do you have more than one account on your device @mahmoudhassan84? Local Guides will only work with a single account logged in.

Regards

Paul

Level 6

@deepakjhic Thank you for your replay.

I tried your solution but it did not work. Also, I tried to uninstall google Maps and re-install it, the solution in the given link (regarding google play service) but the problem still exist 😞

Level 6

@PaulPavlinovich no only one account

Level 9

@PaulPavlinovich wrote:

Do you have more than one account on your device @mahmoudhassan84? Local Guides will only work with a single account logged in.

Regards

Paul

@PaulPavlinovich No matter whether you have single or double account. But sometime this problem exists due to Android problem. 

@mahmoudhassan84 have you tried the second one? 

Connect Moderator

@deepakjhic just so you know "My dear" is a term used between a man and his wife in our culture. It's probably not a good idea between two men unless of course you're into that which is fine. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Regards

Paul