weandee's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Why there is no Save button [Creation of New discussion] before posting a post?

This is an important feature. I wanted to start a New Discussion and I am fairly new here. I can't seem to find the Save button. All having "Post" button. With that, it doesnt allow a user to do a preparation for her/his post before posting.

Or probably there is such button? and I don't see it?

Anyone can help?

5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Why there is no Save button [Creation of New discussion] before posting a post?

Hello @weandee, this option is indeed not there, but when you are editing your post, the system does autosave it every few seconds. Should anything go wrong when you are working on a post (browser crash, etc), you can then find the draft back when you go to the overview of your posts.

That said, for longer posts I have the habit of writing them in a text editor and then copy/paste the finished text into the post I create here, as I find that more convenient.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 5

Re: Why there is no Save button [Creation of New discussion] before posting a post?

@JanVanHaver thanks for tips. I was used to Blogger features. 🙂 Have a good day!

Connect Moderator

Hi @weandee

First of all, a Warm Welcome in Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides.

As @JanVanHaver said, the posts are "auto saved", and the draft version is available when opening your profile. But I agree, myself I prepare the long post outside, then I paste the content in here

As this seems to be one of your first post in here, I take the opportunity to give you some information to know how to interact with the community:

• Need Help?: The help area give you a lot of solutions if you need to "know how to ...."
    • Explore the Forum menu, to see what the various sections are about. You will find many interesting parts regarding, for example, meet-up, or photographic technique.
    • Give to the post a descriptive title

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Welcome again, I hope to see you soon 🙂

Ermes

Level 5

Hi @ErmesT, thank you for the warm welcome. I don't normally prepare long post outside the app. Like I mentioned, Blogger has the feature where user can save their post before publishing. 

I have tested the "draft version" as mentioned by you and @JanVanHaver. Yay, it works. 🙂

Thank you also for listing down the info for newbie. I was bit blur on where I should start with. I have been using Google Map quite awhile and contributed some reviews. I never bother getting to know more until recently. I just signed up few days ago 🙂

Thanks!

Connect Moderator

You are welcome, @weandee

It is our pleasure to address the newcomers, so you can easy know how to interact in the community, learn the rules, and more

Have a nice day

Ermes