VBenedict's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Why my reports do not contain my name???

20180508_094825.jpg

I have started to see these photo views reports containing the Local Guide's name.

Is there a reason my reports do not show my name as well?

@BruceDM    @Atsukot  @LuisRG   ?? Anyone? Please...

Ossining, NY, USA
11 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Why my reports do not contain my name???

Hello @VBenedict -

A few reasons here. Not every impact email that we send out has the name feature inherent within the code. If you don't have your name in any emails, it may also be because your Google Gmail settings does not have a name present within the settings. So if a name wasn't given, the email will default to show no name at all. 

You can confirm this is the case by hitting the little Gear on the top-right corner of your Gmail and then going to Settings > Accounts and Import.

From there, check the area that says "Send mail as" and see if you have a name there.

I am not available to respond on the weekend

View solution in original post

Solution

Hello @VBenedict -

A few reasons here. Not every impact email that we send out has the name feature inherent within the code. If you don't have your name in any emails, it may also be because your Google Gmail settings does not have a name present within the settings. So if a name wasn't given, the email will default to show no name at all. 

You can confirm this is the case by hitting the little Gear on the top-right corner of your Gmail and then going to Settings > Accounts and Import.

From there, check the area that says "Send mail as" and see if you have a name there.

Level 8

Good Morning @BruceDM  thank you for your prompt response.

I have tested for "a name given" and this is what it rendered:

Name given?Name given?

Is it possible to send another "Impact eMail" report (can this be done manually 🤞?)

Additionally, can you list the impact emails we can expect to include the LG's Name?

That is, if it is not too much to ask, of course 🙃

Please Note that my Google URL profile (G+) ID bears my name as well instead of a hash.  I do not know if this is noteworthy for this quest.

I am seeing more and more other LGs impacts with their names 😏

Hi @VBenedict - I actually don't have a way of sending you another email so my apologies there.  The next time you see one of these impact emails, where you have correctly identified that others see their name and you don't. Please share with us again.  I can't confirm if the Google + profile data has anything to do with this also but just to cover all bases, please be sure your name is present in all settings there as well.  I do see your name showing in that email test so if you did not have your Gmail set up that way before, that may be the difference maker.

Level 8

@BruceDM   just around the time when I completely stopped receiving impact emails all together (approximately 2 months or so ago) Google had given me my personalized url.  That is, instead of a long hash:

http://google.com/+VirginiaBenedict

Could this possibly be the problems I am having? i.e.,

1.  Maps keeps asking me to be part of Google Maps

2.  No longer receiving any impact emails at all

3.  Not ever receiving notifications of the blogs posted by Googlers or Google Moderators; whether in News & Updates or General Discussions.

Please help...   obviously something is not right and it is discouraging.  

Level 8

@BruceDM

Here is an example:

I see these every where

Screenshot_20180625-182337_Twitter.jpg

And now I am not even getting the anonymous ones.

Hello @VBenedict -

The URL for Google+ profiles can be customized to be a more personalized. There are instructions in our help center here if you would like to re-adjust again.

As for the emails issue. There is a small percentage of the community that is temporarily not receiving emails while the Local Guides team works through some processes. This is only a temporary hold and you will receive the emails again upon completion of this work!

Level 8

@BruceDM  I do not understand... are you recommending I should remove the custom url that I have?

@VBenedict - Pardon my previous post. I was letting you know that your current URL can be personalized if you wish. The URL changing is a byproduct of product testing and adjustments by the Google+ team. It is completely unrelated to your not receiving any Local Guides emails. 

As mentioned in my last post, you will receive your Local Guides emails upon completion of some internal processes by the Local Guides team.

Level 8

Thank you @BruceDM   we seem to be miscommunicating 🤔 As far as I know, the only emails I am not getting are the Maps milestones you call impact emails such as photo views and reviews views and the number of Likes which never had my name.  

Hopefully, when the issue is fixed the Impact Emails will have my name like everyone else's. 

Today I receive the new Blog from News.