DaveV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Why aren’t edits to Maps data ever appearing?

Hello Shirley,

I do get an email right away saying my edit was published. I also get a notification from the Google Maps app that says my entry is published.

Attached is a screen shot of one of the restaurants that was “approved/published” and yet never updated. I don’t have the emails because I deleted them all. But, I promise — I’ve been getting email confirmations!

Also attached is the pane of my “edits”. NONE of these entries has ever updated, even after many days. I’m really confused. In the past I haven’t had this issue. Usually in 24 hours or so the update is reflected.

Thanks so much for your input. I’m definitely stumped, and I’m hoping one of your awesome folks can give some of your awesome expertise and insight!

Thanks! DaveNone of these have every updated, even though they were approved.None of these have every updated, even though they were approved.Example of edit.....Never updated as CLOSEDExample of edit.....Never updated as CLOSED

Level 9

Hey @DaveV:

Thanks for getting back to me. Very interesting. 

If it isn't too much trouble, can you go back and see when this behaviour started? Are you able to see when your last published edit was actually updated on Maps? 

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 8

Since edits don’t show the date the the request was actually made, I’m going off memory. The last thing I remember that updated correctly was around June 24th. Since then, things have been in limbo. 😞

Level 9

Re: Get accepted but not applied

Hey @wishmasterf and @Zabbie:

Thanks for reporting this.

Just to confirm, did you guys also receive emails to indicate your edits were published?

I am also going to merge this discussion with another one that is referring to the same issue so we can try to determine what is going on together.

Thanks! 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 9

Hey @DaveV:

Right! Sorry, I forgot you mentioned that you no longer have those emails. 

I've found some other users who have reported this issue as well. I've added their comments to this thread so we can keep all of the discussion.
I'm going to verify to see what is going on. Thank you everyone for reporting the issue. Please be patient as we determine what is going on.

Level 6

Hi. I did receive the emails saying my edits were published and my contributions also show them as published. I first saw this issue on Friday evening for the first time making edits in the US.  Since Friday non eof my edits have never appeared even after approved. 

Level 6

@Shirley this is one of the emails that is the start of the issues that I noticed Also it’s all edits including  usiness hours none of them will publish  91A5F175-8B5B-4F93-9EF1-8907F2B51A43.png

Level 9

Hello @Zabbie @DaveV @Shirley @AmbrishVarshney @wishmasterf,

All of you're right. There are many local guides reporting the same. You can find many such thread in different board. Changes are taking longer than usual. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Former Google Contributor

Hello @DaveV and @Zabbie,

Thanks for the detailed information and screenshots. We are going to investigate this internally.

Hey @Shirley,

Great troubleshooting skills! Thanks for helping out with this.Much appreciated.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Former Google Contributor

Hello to everyone experiencing this issue,

I just wanted to let everyone know that this is currently a known issue and it should be resolved soon.

I will update as soon as we have a resolution.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators