RajatP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Why am I not able to delete photos from Maps?

By mistake, I uploaded 3 images twice for one of my reviews. Now whenever I click the trash icon on the image, the photo gets deleted that time but returns back after either refreshing the page (Web) or restarting the Google Maps application (Android).

I know that it takes a while to delete photos but in my case, it has been more than 5-6 hours when I clicked the Delete button but the photos are still there. I have tried deleting from both the Andriod app as well as the Web version but got same results. Any solution as to why is this happening or what else I can do?

11 comments
Level 9

Re: Why am I not able to delete photos from Maps?

@RajatP When all else fails you can always delete the pictures from your google photos cloud repository. It can be a challenge to find the offending images if you have a large library. I find there are a ton of duplicate images (i've stopped trying to fix that as it appears impossible to execute) in my library so you may have keep digging if first you don't succeed. 

Level 5

@dbateser I do not have those photos on my Google Photos Cloud Repository. I posted the review from my Android Maps app and the photos were uploaded directly to Maps. 

Just to confirm this, I just checked my Google Photos Cloud and no pictures related to my reviews were there (except the general photos that I randomly keep storing on Cloud for archival purposes, but not related to Maps)

Level 10

Hi @RajatP this occurs often.

This is a *workaround* , just click on the photo, open it at full screen, then click on the name of the place, in upper left side, the photo will open in Google+, now you can delete using the three dots menu in upper right side.

Level 5

@LucioV I did what you asked, and that photo got deleted from my Google+ account but it still getting displayed under My Contributions on Google Maps. When I again try those steps as you mentioned on the same photo, it results in an error as The Requested URL was not found which is obvious since the photo exists no more on Google+ BUT it does still exist on Maps. 

Level 10

Level 5

@LucioV I'll have a look at the album archive. Thanks a lot anyways 🙂 

Level 9

Hi @RajatP,

I don't know whether the problem still persist or not. Let us know if you still facing the same? 

1. In PC, open maps.google.com
  2. Your contribution 
  3. Photos 
  4. Click on three dots at top right corner of every photo. 
  5. Choose delete 

I know you tried it as well but try once more and let us know. 

The method mention above is the correct method. Even it is not easy in cell phone. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 7

oooh sorry about that brother but i think it could be either, the network failure or maybe Google needs to give authority because something important could be deleted accidentally and brings about complications
Level 5

Thank you all, the problem got resolved and the photos were deleted. What I observed it that I did delete that photos the correct way but Google takes time to update its servers and remove those photos completely. It took a few hours for my photos to get deleted completely.