Tchoa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Why am I logged off of the Local Guides Connect forum every time I come back?

I need to click on the grey circle on top right to get my avatar shown and so be logged in EVERY TIME I come back to the site.

10 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Why am I logged off of the Local Guides Connect forum every time I come back?

Hi @Tchoa. Thanks for the feedback, it's not the first time it's been said here. But as @Corrie mentioned recently, this feature enhances security and we will keep the time out functionality (also, if you level up and earn a new badge you need to sign back in and trigger the new badge call).

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Why am I logged off of the Local Guides Connect forum every time I come back?

Hi @Tchoa. Thanks for the feedback, it's not the first time it's been said here. But as @Corrie mentioned recently, this feature enhances security and we will keep the time out functionality (also, if you level up and earn a new badge you need to sign back in and trigger the new badge call).

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Googler

Having your session expired after 30 minutes was not a bug and it was — and remains — an intended security feature. We have implemented a change in which the security timeout will take place after 90 minutes. Thanks for sharing the feedback. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 5

While I understand that the automatic time-out is deliberate, I would like to point out that it does not provide any additional security.  All the user has to do is click on the user icon, not provide a password - so it is merely an annoyance, not a feature.

Also, more sensitive Google pages like Gmail allow the user to stay logged-in indefinitely on the same machine without re-logging in repeatedly.

Level 8

I don't like to renew my login several times a day.

As long as I am logged into my Google account and don't clear my browser it should keep me logged in.

My opinion...

Level 8

Connect Forum team is aware of this - thus you only got re-logon several times a day.

Previously, it was auto logout every 30 minutes.

Level 8

@YK1001 I know, but I don't like it the way it is.

And this is the thread where I can leave my statement, or not?

I want to be logged in until I by myself decide to log me out...that's all!

Level 8

Useful Information   Thank You

Level 8

I don't think this feature is a part of security, because, after a few minutes we are automatically logged out of the system and to login no password is required..

Level 8

Hi @SusanneSch,

Of cause, you can tell us your preference here.

I just want to highlight it increased from 30 min already, that LGC team responded to our feedbacks already.