Christophe31's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Who are local guides?

Hello,

Regularly, I would like to know who are the local guides I discuss with here, at least where do they come from. When I look at photos on GMaps, sometimes they have been posted by a LG, but I still have no information about him.

Here in LGC we can look at each other's profile, but the information is only about LGC forum, no more.

Don't you think it would be interesting to have more info about each other? About LG in a general way? For example, why our profiles are not linked to a G+ account if it exists?

On the other hand, if you look at my G+ profile, no way to identify I act as LG neither.

20 comments
Level 10

Re: Who are local guides?

Hi @Christophe31

You are right. I have just changed my "signature" in my settings so that anyone can go directly to my LG profile if interested. 😉

As for connecting different Google services (and displaying LG profiles elsewhere), I guess communication inside Google, between the different departments should be more effective.

Level 6

Hello @Csaba,

Yes, it's a good option, but if you have a G+ proflie, a website or whatever, it would be very nice to have the link.

EDIT : I did not find the tab where you can set the signature 😕 On the other and, in the Personal > Personal information tab, you can give some additional information about you

Level 10

It's right there under the Personal info settings (where I also linked to above). 

True that G+ profiles would be good, too. But from someone's LG profile, you can easily get to his/her G+ profile, too as the ID number in the links is the same. 😉

Level 6

Well, I do not have any field for a signature... benefit for being lvl 5?

Level 8

this should not be limited to "Level 5" only, I would consider posting this fact into Feedback forum. also there are other fields such as "Personal web page" where this Plus / LG link could be inserted ...

Level 6

Hello,

@TomášJ wrote:

this should not be limited to "Level 5" only, I would consider posting this fact into Feedback forum.

So, I am in the right section 🙂

@TomášJ wrote:

also there are other fields such as "Personal web page" where this Plus / LG link could be inserted ...

Yes, indeed, I added some information there, but I still think it would be useful to have different profiles linked (I discovered forums for GM and GMM, there are other personal profiles!)

Level 10

@ChristopheG wrote:

Well, I do not have any field for a signature... benefit for being lvl 5?

I am not sure it's a Leve 5 thing. In the Help Center (My Settings > How do I create a signature for my posts), all it says is: 

Your signature is text that appears at the bottom of your posts.

To create your personal signature:

1. Sign in to your community account.
  2. Go to My Settings > Personal Profile > Personal Information.
  3. Enter your signature text in the Signature box.
    Some communities let use HTML in your signature. Check with a moderator if you have questions.
  4. Click Save.

This is where it is in my settings

signature.png

Maybe a forum moderator could enlighten us why that field may be missing for some members. I would not be surprised if Level 1 or 2 members could not have it - but not for some "privilege" reasons but to avoid potential spamming.

I used to be the admin of a board with hundreds of thousands of members and am used to spamming. We have it here as well but the moderators seem to do a good job clearing it quickly. One way of spamming is to add a signature link and then start posting about anything you can think of. On many discussion boards therefore adding a signature is only possible after a member reached a certain level (post count - here maybe kudos etc.). But I cannot remember if I used NOT to have it when I was new here.

Level 6

Thanks Csaba, I confirm I do not have this field in my profile :

LGC-profile.jpg

Not that important, actually, but I wonder why

Level 10

Hi @Christophe31, I see. Maybe it is indeed a Level 5 thing (I was already L5 when joined this community). 

Then it's just a matter of time I guess. 500 points (to become L5) is not that many to collect. 

This solution is only a workaround anyway and indeed a dedicated field for the LG profile in the community profile would be nice to have.