vvbellur's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

What's the benefit of 'adding someone as a friend' on Connect?

Can someone tell me what is the use of this feature? I have added a lot of Google mods, Connect mods and other local guides as friends when I view their profile. What about it?

Add Friend.JPG

4 comments
Level 10

Re: What's the benefit of 'adding someone as a friend' on Connect?

@vvbellur It is just like making friends in Facebook. You mark the selected people as your friends.

Level 8

Level 9

Hi @vvbellur,

According to local guide connect look what I got in this page after clicking on private messenger. 

Your Friends List is a way to create your own community within a community.

Depending on your privacy settings, the people on your Friends List can see your biography, other personal information, or online status. If you send private messages, you can choose friends from a list instead of typing their user names.

Note: Your Friends List is available only if your community supports private messages.

To add people to your Friends List:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the user name of a friend to see the friend's About user name page.
  3. Click Add user name to Friends.

Note: You can remove a person from your Friend's List by clicking "Remove from Friends". Additionally, you can click "Ignore" to prevent specific users from contacting you.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

Edit: @deepakjhic has just beaten me as I was playing around too much with finding the help article. 🙂

Anyway, here is my "duplicate"

Hi @vvbellur, this is what the FAQ page (Private messenger tab) says about your friend list: 

What is my Friends List and how do I add people?

Your Friends List is a way to create your own community within a community.

Depending on your privacy settings, the people on your Friends List can see your biography, other personal information, or online status. If you send private messages, you can choose friends from a list instead of typing their user names.

Note: Your Friends List is available only if your community supports private messages.

To add people to your Friends List:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the user name of a friend to see the friend's About user name page.
  3. Click Add user name to Friends.

Note: You can remove a person from your Friend's List by clicking "Remove from Friends". Additionally, you can click "Ignore" to prevent specific users from contacting you.

Now to be honest, I should still find some practical use of this feature...