SarathT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

What does NOT APPLIED status mean?

I have recently added a map marker for my apartment building in India with complete address.  However, I have recently that the status of my map edit is "NOT APPLIED".

What does this status mean?  I have not found any article explaining this status or the procedure to add apartment buildings.  Is there any different process for Apartments?

Hyderabad, Telangana, India
29 comments
Level 8

Re: What does NOT APPLIED status mean?

Hi @SarathT,

The terms used in Maps and Mapmaker regarding Submitted Edit result is not the same.

Not Applied in Maps means Denied in Mapmaker - your edit is rejected and Maps will not update according to your edit.

Level 5

Hi @YK1001,

Thanks for your response.  Would you have any idea on why that is rejected?  I live in that apartment and the address is genuine and there should not be a reason to reject the edit, to my knowledge.

Thanks,

Sarath

@YK1001 wrote:

Hi @SarathT,

The terms used in Maps and Mapmaker regarding Submitted Edit result is not the same.

Not Applied in Maps means Denied in Mapmaker - your edit is rejected and Maps will not update according to your edit.

Level 8

Hi @SarathT,

If you know how to exact the Mapmaker Link to your denied edit, you can post it to Mapmaker forum to ask for help.

Please see this Mapmaker post for more details:  

https://productforums.google.com/forum/m/#!category-topic/map-maker/hHEUG7VKthU

Level 5

Hi @YK1001,

I went to my Edits under My Contributions but I'm not able to extract any link for this edit.

I was able to see links for Approved or Pending edits but this one is just plain text (or link disabled even for me)

Thanks,

Sarath

@YK1001 wrote:

Hi @SarathT,

If you know how to exact the Mapmaker Link to your denied edit, you can post it to Mapmaker forum to ask for help.

Please see this Mapmaker post for more details:  

https://productforums.google.com/forum/m/#!category-topic/map-maker/hHEUG7VKthU

Level 8

This happened with me many times . With places Infront of my eyes and I'm sure it exists but what to do!

Level 5

@AdelAlabd - That's weirdest thing 🙂  May be a few of us need to go the place together, one submits and another approves 🙂

@muhamadabib wrote:

This happened with me many times . With places Infront of my eyes and I'm sure it exists but what to do!

Level 7

Hi @SarathT, Did you found any solution? 

@SarathT wrote:

@AdelAlabd - That's weirdest thing 🙂  May be a few of us need to go the place together, one submits and another approves 🙂

@muhamadabib wrote:

Level 5

Hi @abdulhaleems,

Yes, please ignore and move on!!

@abdulhaleems wrote:

@SarathT wrote:

@muhamadabib wrote:

Level 8

I have visited the place, and now updating, each time Google Comes to me as " NOT APPLIED "

When will this issue be resolved?

@abdulhaleems wrote:

@SarathT wrote:

@muhamadabib wrote: