Dave_deBronkart's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

What about gated roads that SOME can get through?

I live at the gold star location below, in a neighborhood with one gate at the bottom of our hill, to prevent randoms from cutting through.  Google Maps correctly blocks this as an available route - but for me the gate doesn't matter, and sometimes (like right now) that tries to force me out onto the highway, in Friday afternoon traffic jams. 

How about letting an individual GMaps user mark certain obstacles as "ignore" or something?  Like, people in our neighborhood could say "That gate doesn't affect me"?  It would be a nifty superpower.

Local Guides gate request.jpg

5 comments
Level 10

Re: What about gated roads that SOME can get through?

Hi @Dave_deBronkart

I am referring you to Google Moderator Mr. @@  @GeorgesHR  @@ for the issue.

Warm Welcome to Local Guide Connect family.

It seems this is your first post.

You can post your reviews, edits, photos, comments and stay focused on forum guidelines. 

Before actual posting, Pl. go through LG Connect Programme Rules, The Five Core Values of Connect, Help etc.(see TABs at the bottom of page).

Never share your or anybody's personal information in L G Connect.

Please note, this global community is for Individuals only and any kind of advertising or self promotion is banned here

Also introduce yourself to LG Connect @Aug.2018, for better understanding to interact with the community.

You may use search engine to check the topics already discussed earlier.

Happy exploring, mapping and writing.

Vijay Desai.

Level 3

Hi @VijayDesai - thanks for the welcome. I will look through the newbie info at bottom.  (I've been on forums since 1989, sysop on many, so I understand community and I hope not to screw up...:-) )

What do you mean by referring me to @GeorgesHR for the issue?  Did I post in the wrong place?  

FWIW I did search for "gated" before posting...

Level 10

Hi @Dave_deBronkart

I have referred to you to Google Moderator for the solution of your issue road/gate on map and nothing else.

You may be right that you must be with the Google Maps from 1989 but as far Local Guide Connect is concern, you are register here on August 7th 2018, with this Login ID and hence I welcomed you.

I hope now things are clear.

Vijay Desai.

Level 3

Yes, of course things are clear - I hope I didn't sound ungrateful.  Thanks again for the welcome. (I haven't been on THESE forums since 1989, of course! 🙂

I have reviewed the program rules and the core values. Thanks for the tips.  It might be good someday if the system can pop up that advice when someone is new!

I'm sure you have provided enormous amounts of service to the community to reach level 9!  (And now, since this has drifted way off the thread subject, I'll stop...)

Former Google Contributor

Hey @Dave_deBronkart,

I understand what you are referring to, but Connect is not the correct place to suggest this.

Google Maps, has its official help forum, where Google Maps users are welcome to give their suggestions and feedback. You can visit the Google Maps forum here - Google Maps & Earth Help Forum.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators