NarenChandra's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

What Does this question mean "Can you get Tires here?" for a sweet shop?

Recently i was answering questions related to a sweet shop and this question popped out.

"Can you get Tires here?"

was the question not related to the place , or does this have a specific meaning .

What does Tires mean?

It would be great if some one who understands this can explain it to me.

Screenshot_2018-01-11-15-23-58.png

6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: What Does this question mean "Can you get Tires here?" for a sweet shop?

Hi @NarenChandra,

Thank you for reaching out with this question! I find it better for Feedback and Feature Requests board, so I'm moving it there.

I agree that tires are hardly to be seen in a sweets store. This is something that you can report on Google Maps using the small flag on the bottom left corner of the question screen (it can be seen on your posted screenshot). Then a window will pop-up asking you: What is wrong with this question?

You can choose the most appropriate option, for your case it will be: The question isn't relevant for this place

I hope this helps, 

Marin

View solution in original post

Level 10

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @NarenChandra,

Thank you for reaching out with this question! I find it better for Feedback and Feature Requests board, so I'm moving it there.

I agree that tires are hardly to be seen in a sweets store. This is something that you can report on Google Maps using the small flag on the bottom left corner of the question screen (it can be seen on your posted screenshot). Then a window will pop-up asking you: What is wrong with this question?

You can choose the most appropriate option, for your case it will be: The question isn't relevant for this place

I hope this helps, 

Marin

Level 10

Hi @MarinSt i have tried sending feedback from the maps app but still the question is shown few a times to different places , here is one more post of mine with similar problem  .Click here see that ,And i am very much confused about what does "tires " mean?

Level 8

Hi @NarenChandra,

It is my understanding that questions under "Do you know this place?" are triggered and related to the categorieS (plural) that are assigned to a POI. Since we cannot see all the assigned categories, it is difficult to evaluate what causes a strange question like this for a sweet shop.

Now if you get this question with all Sweet Shops in your area, then it is unlikely that they all have a car-related secondary category attached to them. Then my question would be, is the question by accident assigned to the sweet-shop category (then alerting Google by flagging the question is going to make them aware of this fact) or is there something wrong with the category settings in your area? 

May I ask what language you use on your phone/ Maps App?

Level 10

No , i do not get this question with all sweet shops but yes i do get it for few places , which are not even related to car related category . @JeroenM

Level 8

Just to clarify, the point I was trying to make is that somebody might have labeled this sweet shop incorrectly with a car related category. If this category label is attached to this POI as a secondary category, we can neither see it or correct it.

It is of course speculation as we can only guess what is going on, as there are potentially more reasons for your problem to occur. In all scenarios, it requires attention by a Googler though.