AtmaR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Website of a Place

My Request is there should be an option to select that there is no website for a place. OR. Default should be no and then Local guide while updating can make Yes and enter the URL.

OR

Make some changes in the Google Maps where the new Beta version asks for the website details.

Atma Ram
11 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Can we have a “n/a” for website and/or phone# ?

Hello @SørenB @GéraldM, these fields are not mandatory so you can leave them blank if they are not applicable. 🙂 As @deepakjhic notes, there have been similar discussions previously and I'm going ahead to merge yours with those. 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Re: Website of a Place

Just curious, what's the reason of that? I believe you don't need to put a website to add a location right? It's optional?

Level 8

Hi @iyudhi,

As @AtmaR mentioned the new Beta feature asking for missing info, have an options to mark website field as "na" should hopefully stop Maps from asking for missing info for that Place again.

Connect Moderator

@YK1001 Gotcha. I wasn't sure what he was referring to. I haven't had a chance to play around with the new beta feature to be honest. Need to set aside some time to do that.

Level 7

Can we also add an na for telephone number as well? None of the city parks I have been to possess an individual phone number... Thanks!!

@YK1001 wrote:

Hi @iyudhi,

As @AtmaR mentioned the new Beta feature asking for missing info, have an options to mark website field as "na" should hopefully stop Maps from asking for missing info for that Place again.

Level 5

How to mention if no websites found

Hi LGs,

Thanks to forum for your support.

Today i have doubt about Missing Info. on GMaps contributions,

I'm add missing info of the place as much as possible. But when i am adding temples or small shops or medical shops, etc. it asks websites and working days / hours and telephone numbers, if it has.

For eg. In India, there are lot of mini temple you can see in each street (mostly for Lord Ganesh) which will never going to have phone number and website. Not only for temples some more places don't have any web / phone.

I want to specify them as "No website" and "No Phone number" (only for the cases, places not having either website / phone number) 

But possibility is, We can only add Phone / Web or leave it as Blank. There is no option to specify "No websites / phone".

Is there any feature going to avail for specifying "No Website / Phone number were found".

Level 10

Re: How to mention if no websites found

@LogarajS At the moment this feature is not available on Google Maps. The only thing you can do is to leave these fields blank. You may send a feedback to Google Maps team requesting this feature or you can post this request on the "Feedback and Feature Requests" board of this forum.

Level 6

Can we have a “n/a” for website and/or phone# ?

I’m not the first with this suggestion but a lot of time is wasted looking for non-exsisting websites (or phone numbers) — so it would be nice to have a “n/a” function for these two fields.  

Thanks for listening!

:S: 

Level 9

could be indeed a good idea

Check out my virtual tours demo / "A camera is a save button for the mind's eye" - Geek quote 🙂 /

Generated using https://ndsmyter.be/local-guides-banner/
Level 9

@SørenB wrote:

I’m not the first with this suggestion but a lot of time is wasted looking for non-exsisting websites (or phone numbers) — so it would be nice to have a “n/a” function for these two fields.  

Thanks for listening!

:S: 

@SørenB,

Sounds like a good idea. I know there are many other thread with same request but will not be easy to find in connect.

@BruceDM allow me to tag you here.

Finally I've found two post in connect where it was discussed/posted before, here and here.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.