NarenChandra's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Weather animations in maps during navigation

feature has been multiple times asked by many local guides that to add climatic details in maps or integrated the in the app to show what is the weather of different places during the journey, i just want to add my flavor of thought to that ideas,

Why not show a weather animations in maps during navigation

for example like the below image i edited

Screenshot (30).jpg

It must be a animation with low opacity through which we can see the maps and along with that we can know the weather at a certain location. 

@YanniY 

6 comments
Level 10

Re: Weather animations in maps during navigation

Level 10

I always love improvements on map @NarenChandra.Your idea is good. 🙂

Level 10

Connect Moderator

Hi @NarenChandra I think an idea like this is ok to some extent. It should not be animations because that would be distracting to drivers and this sort of feature is really only useful when actually driving. You'd also want to make sure icons or other indicators only appeared when the weather was dangerous or likely to impact traffic on the selected route. The nature of the icons or otherwise would need to be considered because most mobile data is metered. Would you want to use this feature if it cost you money?

Regards Paul

Level 10

Thanks @PaulPavlinovich for your deep analysis about the idea. I just thought that a idea could help since lot of people have been asking to integrate climate with maps. Just one thing can be done is put a toggle option to select or deselect this option and put the opacity of the clouds so low so that the driver can see the maps as well see the weather of the place he is driving to . This might help him carry few rain protective gadgets if he is travelling on a 2 wheeler.

I see few advantages in the idea and also few drawbacks in it as you said. 

Connect Moderator

Hi @NarenChandra I ride a motorbike myself, I know what the weather is going to be before I ride and dress appropriately with wet or dry gear. For those emergencies where it became unpredictable I've got a light set of wet covers in my saddle bag.

Regards Paul