John_P_GG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: We need more categories for adding missing places

Thanks!  I had not switched the language at the top to English, your comments were coming over in French.  Now that I switched it to English, it automagically converts it into English on my side.  Thank You very much for pointing that out.

I guess I can close this discussion, since it looks like you can get about all of the categories that you need.  I just wish that when you press the drop down, it displayed more, and was a little more intuitive on how to find more.

Thanks again!!!

Level 5

Hey Guy(de)s ! 😃

When I was about to post Google told me this thread already existed and I was glad to find it. Had no idea we can write to search the categories list, been using Google Maps app on iOS to add points and photos and never noticed the writing field. This is not intuitive enough, the proof of it is that there's more people feeling the same difficulty.

Sobre a questão dos idiomas misturados: Então e se eu a partir de agora só escrevesse em Português, apenas e só porque sou Nativo de Portugal ? Isso seria uma mistura de vaidosísmo e orgulho, que na minha opinião pessoal fica mal sobretudo a alguém que se diz e assume ser Suíço. Se bem me lembro, nesse mesmo país falam no mínimo três idiomas, porque não então falar em Alemão ? Seria ainda mais "distinto" e ainda menos pessoas iriam entender o que fosse escrito nesse idioma ! 

Em Portugal dizemos: "À terra onde fores ter, faz como vires fazer". Converted to this case: if we enter a place, a page, a discussion, a gathering of people in the street, etc, where English is trending, IMHO English is the language we should keep using all along. This is what I think and do. And I am fluent in 4 languages BTW, principalmente in Português 🇵🇹 😎  

Com os meus melhores cumprimentos me despeço,

Daniel Nogueira

Level 8

Round about Roundabout-Jakarta_Bundaran_HI_()-CC-By-SARound about Roundabout-Jakarta_Bundaran_HI_()-CC-By-SAI also posted in Feedback many times but no response was received.

My suggestions for the time:

Railway Station

Railway Stop

Railway  Line

Railway  Barrier

Subway Station

Lane & (Ln)

Service Road

Street & (St)

Roundabout

A roundabout, also called a traffic circle, road circle, rotary, rotunda or island, is a type of circular intersection or junction in which road traffic flows almost continuously in one direction around a central island.Roundabout-Roundabout in Jakarta_Bundaran_HI_()-CC-By-SARoundabout-Roundabout in Jakarta_Bundaran_HI_()-CC-By-SARoundabout-Jakarta_Bundaran_HI_()-CC-By-SA.jpg

Level 8

Dear @Haajee1934

We only use "categories" for POIs not for roads. If it is a lane, an avenue or suchlike, it is given in the name. Otherwise, check the navigation help files.

The stations related to public transport belong to the transit layer which has its own subsets of categories. Local Guides do not have edit permission for this layer.

If you like to know more, check out:

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Categories-The-ABC-of-Map-Editing-1-5/m-p/5...

Kind regards, 

JeroenM