Josephmodest's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

WHAT SHOULD BE IMROVED ON GOOGLE MAPS (my idea)

I think google should come across  this idea if its  applicable and what are your reviews as my fellow local guides . google should come up with live platform that will enable local guides to have a view of the fellow local guides that are nearby 50meters will be appropriate this will be fun working in a pair.

also  should come with an option of whether you want to be viewed by other local guides or not according to the contributor requirements.

is this idea lame ??  

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: WHAT SHOULD BE IMROVED ON GOOGLE MAPS (my idea)

Hi @Josephmodest A Warm Welcome to Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides

You are coming here with a lot of ideas. I like this one, with only a small note for privacy concerns: every local guides should have the possibility of enabling the option, giving un this way the possibility to be seen / found by other Local Guides. 

I'm moving your post to the Feedback-and-Feature-Requests board, for Google to have a look to this. 

A small personal note: do not write everything in bold, as it reduces the readability of the post. Use this only to put in evidence some specific word, if needed. 

As this is one of your first post in here, I take the opportunity to give you some information:

• Need Help: The help area give you a lot of solutions if you need to "know how to ...."
    • Explore the Forum menu, to see what the various sections are about. You will find many interesting parts regarding, for example, meet-up, or photographic technique.
    • Give to the post a descriptive title

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Welcome again, I hope to see you soon 🙂

Ermes

Level 10

Re: WHAT SHOULD BE IMROVED ON GOOGLE MAPS (my idea)

@Josephmodest in the mean time, you could arrange a local meet up for Local Guides, where a group of yourselves can go out and do some activity like mapping, photowalk, foodcrawl etc. I would think a more coordinated activity is usually more conducive. For arranging a meet up, you can refer to this link with many resources.

https://maps.google.com/localguides/meetup/how-to

Level 8

Re:See nearby Local Guides

@Josephmodest

I think this is a GREAT idea. 

Of course, people should opt in for the app to show their profile, but there could be privacy settings with different levels of "exposure". For privacy, people should not be able to search where a certain LG is, but only see fellow LGs inside a certain radius.

Google´s Waze (the navigation app) also shows other Waze users, whilst on the road.  It would be great to find nearby  LGs that way.