TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Googler

Known Issue: Photo view count not updating

Update 3/1/17: A fix has been implemented and view counts should now be restored for all. This thread will soon be locked for further replies. Thank you all for your patience. 

The team has been made aware that some Local Guides are not seeing their total photo view counts updating. If you look at individual photos under "Your contributions," you should see the accurate, current view count for each image.  If you are one of the Local Guides impacted by an inaccurate photo view count, we ask that you please bear with us as the team is looking into this and will resolve the issue as quickly as possible. 

All updates on this issue will be posted right here on this post/thread. Thank you in advance for your patience as we work to resolve this as quickly as possible. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
104 comments
Level 3

View Totals Not Updating

Hi, my views count has not updated in several days. I jumped over 3,000 in a day and then it stopped.

Level 8

Re: View Totals Not Updating

Hi @OLAT,

Are you talking about overall Photo Views in Maps Your Contribution Tag or Specifically to StreetView counts?

From time to time, the counts might need longer time to refresh.  Normally, I will observe for 2 weeks to see if the view counts update resumes or not.

Level 3

Hi @YK1001

the total views in my photos uploaded with reviews.

Level 5

View Counts Not Updating?

Hi,

I am aware that some people have (had) the same problem and that all the answers are: wait till the views are being updated. But this is not a solution. 

Can you update me once there is a solution? 

Best

Level 8

Hi @OLAT,

Just want to make sure we are on the same page.

The Views per photo is giving under "Your Contributions->Photos" tab.  I usually use the Desktop Maps to check, as I can choose "sort by date", so that my new uploads will be on the top, and the view counts will be more visible to me.  (Increase 5 from 0 is much more noticeable than from 920 to 925, unless I am recording the view counts somewhere else...)

Q1.  For photos you upload with review, do you find them under the "Photos" tab?

Q2.  Did you notice any increase in view counts for the last 5 uploads?  (count by site)

Level 8

Re: View Counts Not Updating?

Hi @SaudiS,

At the moment, I will suggest to observe for two weeks.  It will help to determine if the issues is a transient in nature or it is permenant.  In two weeks, we will know if there are enough similar reports so that it becomes a wide spread issue.

Level 8

@whemix

As @YK1001 suggested it's better to wait and see for awhile. I have also noticed that sometimes the daily updates takes more time to update the view count but the individual photo count is progressive in my case and adds the whole thing up in few days. 

@whemix wrote:

Hi, my views count has not updated in several days. I jumped over 3,000 in a day and then it stopped.

Level 3

Thank very much to the both of you and thank you for the kudo! Fortunes be, the count updated this morning! Thank you very much for taking the time to help, I certainly do appreciate it!

Level 4

Re: View Counts Not Updating?

My total counter for the views has not been updated for last 10 days. At the same time, all individual counters for photos are updated normally.