Sir-Shimmy's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Video Shoot

I want to shoot a video in a public, but restricted area for recording videos or taking pictures but the management needed an authorisation as a Local Guide, how to obtain a permit or some documentation?

Sir-Shimmy
Campus Square Parkade, Auckland Park, Johannesburg, South Africa
5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Video Shoot

Hi @Sir-Shimmy you must respect local laws and regulations including those of any property owners when you are on private property.

There is no way to get any kind of ID or documentation about Local Guides. What I usually suggest is show the people your contributions in the App and explain that you are doing this as part of a community effort. If they do not want you to, then do not persist.

Regards Paul

Level 6

Thanks for your kind and positive response @PaulPavlinovich and about the video shooting within their premises, they actually never had a problem as I first asked permission to do so as i have first introduced myself that I do voluntarily job as a Local Guide but the person whom I consulted with told me that their company policies does not allow unless if I can get a documentation or an authorisation since the owner was not around.

Sir-Shimmy
Connect Moderator

HI again @Sir-Shimmy there is one word you need to be careful with "job" - being a Local Guide certainly isn't a job. I know it seems like a small thing, but if you use that word people might assume you work for Google which would not be the case. We all have to be careful to stay within the Local Guides Rules.

Regards Paul

Level 8

Hi @Sir-Shimmy many Local Guides have trouble taking photos and videos in Shopping malls, however most businesses in Auckland are more than happy for us to load images on Google Maps for their business. I find it easy to get approval from the owner when I show them the huge number of views that many of my images get on Google Maps.

Level 8

Hi @Sir-Shimmy if you are keen to meet up with other Local Guides in Auckland,  come along and join us in Ellerslie on 21 july

https://maps.google.com/localguides/meetup/explore-ellerslie-auckland