PabloVL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

VIDEO in Google Maps - SUGGESTIONS & REQUESTS

Dear Google Maps Staff,

The new Video feature is GREAT, but as lot of Local Guides around the world I'd like to send to you some feedback & requests.

This thread may also be helpful for other Local Guides to post their own requests.

REQUESTS:

1- GOOGLE DRIVE STORAGE:

THIS IS ESSENTIAL because it can be  STRONG LIMITATION to lot of Local Guides.

Most of us are very concerned about the data space in our Google Drive account when uploading Videos, since they are LOT larger in size than just Photos.

My specific request on this very important aspect is that you find a way to solve this problem.

There are many options in my opinion:

A - NOT counting Video files uploaded to Maps as "Used Space" in our Google Drive account

B - Increassing the Google Drive Space for those Local Guides that upload 50 Videos (for instance) OR 100MB of Video files or more to Maps, and eventually increasse it again when reaching 500MB of Video file size, for instance.

C - Increassing the Google Drive Space for Local Guides Level 6 or higher.

2- "VIDEO TAB" IN GOOGLE MAPS APP:

Currently, Video clips are mixed with Photos in the same tab, making them hard to find. It would be VERY handy and helpful to make a specific tab for Videos, like there is for 360º Photos, etc.

3- RESOLUTION AND FILE FORMAT:

Since the final video that Google Maps shows is low resolution (at least at this moment), it would be very handy to know Technical details, for those who upload Videos pre-recorded with another app than Google Maps.

- What is the Recommended Resolution to Upload? 

(I'm currently uploading 920x1280 which is HD in 9:16 / Vertical format, but the final video is displayed in lower resolution, ALTHOUGH the Video file that I uploaded is what remains in my Drive at Google Photos, hence larger data space is used)

- I already read that the suggested format is "Portrait"/Vertical, for easier view on a mobile device.

4- VIDEO VIEWS:

Currently, in my Google Maps app, I can see the views that a video has reached. But many users seem not being able to see that?

5- VIDEO BEING HELPFUL:

You could also implement a feature to mark a Video as "Helpful", like it's already able for Reviews. 

6- MAKE A SPECIFIC AND EASY TO FIND VIDEO SECTION RELATED:

As the point tells, it would HELP A LOT to have a Video specific related thread, or even better a specific Video Help Q&A Center (with much more information, including technical, than current)

___

Thank you very much in advance!!