MattBennett's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

User abusing photos for free advertising

Hi,

We've noticed a user account is tagging his business photos to various other business in the area for free advertising. One of our clients has contacted us to ask us to remove them, but obviously we can't (although we have flagged them as irrelevant).

Looking at his profile, he's uploading hundreds of his photos to various local businesses. How can we get these all removed? I'm assuming they'll be as unhappy as our clients are!!

Thanks

Walsall, United Kingdom
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: User abusing photos for free advertising

@MattBennett, thanks for not sharing further information about the user as we value everyone's privacy. I've shot over a private message with details on how to share this info with the team. Check your inbox!

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

View solution in original post

Level 10

@MattBennett wrote:

Hi,

We've noticed a user account is tagging his business photos to various other business in the area for free advertising. One of our clients has contacted us to ask us to remove them, but obviously we can't (although we have flagged them as irrelevant).

Looking at his profile, he's uploading hundreds of his photos to various local businesses. How can we get these all removed? I'm assuming they'll be as unhappy as our clients are!!

Thanks

Looks like this is a spam user, so you could follow these instructions:

To report a spammer Local Guide, please, don't share here public info, but tag a Google Moderator (look here: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Help-Desk/Meet-the-Google-Moderators/m-p/88603) to request support. They will contact you through private message.

For further informations, read here: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/cmxpv89733/board/message?board.id=LGDiscussion&message.id=30997#M...

Thanks

Level 5

Fantastic - I've tagged @LuisRG so hopefully he can assist.

Best regards,

Matt

Solution

@MattBennett, thanks for not sharing further information about the user as we value everyone's privacy. I've shot over a private message with details on how to share this info with the team. Check your inbox!

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Thanks @MattBennett.

It appears @JeslynL is on it, so thanks for flagging these behaviours!

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 5

Thanks everyone - have emailed as per instructions, hopefully it'll get resolved.

Best regards,

Matt