titanloveu's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

User Guides Connect for new Join

Dear @JessicaS @BellaWi

and Hi Fellow Local Guides i want to more feature about this Forum, recently is more spam that the user posting about sales or product especialy for level 1 and 2

i think there must an user guides for the forum also do and don't that automatically send to the gmail so they can read first how to use this forum.

Keep Contribution,

Titan Rahadian

9 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: User Guides Connect for new Join

Thank you @titanloveu we have noticed the same issue too and have been working with Connect moderators to remove commercial or spammy posts. If you do see such posts, please do "Mark it as inappropriate" and we will look into it. You can find this by clicking on the three dots on the top right corner of your post.

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Thank you @titanloveu we have noticed the same issue too and have been working with Connect moderators to remove commercial or spammy posts. If you do see such posts, please do "Mark it as inappropriate" and we will look into it. You can find this by clicking on the three dots on the top right corner of your post.

Level 8

thanks for fast respon @YanniY 

of course, i always "Mark it as inappropriate" with spam message to the moderator when its spammy content.

but now the spammy more coming.

Thanks

Keep Contribution,

Titan Rahadian

Level 8

@titanloveu

Hi,

I know that it doesn't stop SPAM, but it is somewhat related. I often notice new people on the Connect platform that post either Spam or only say "Hello", and already have around 10 views on their post, without anyone responding to their message. In my view, it is like somebody is calling at the door, you open the door and look at the person and close the door again, so somebody else can deal with it.

As good citizens of our LG community, I think it should become a habit that we always respond when we see a message that is clearly by a new person on Connect, even if we do not have the answer to the question.

To safe time, one could use a partly standard (canned) answer. I always like to start with a personalised introduction after saying the general welcome and then post a canned response based on Corrie's READ FIRST article. By adapting it a little, one could highlight the bit about not Spamming to clearly communicate your message.

dosanddonts.png

Best regards,

Jeroen

Level 8

Thanks, Yes of course @JeroenM in my Bahasa Indonesia Channel I try to reply the "hi" messenge the newbie needs to be education about the forum I suggest the Guides for Local Guides Connect to the email & Also on their language for effective filter for spammy.

Note: may I use the photo do and dont

Keep contribution,

Titan Rahadian

Level 8

Hi @titanloveu,

Of course you may use it and thank you for asking.

I am currently on my phone, but shall later today share the image without​ the spam rule highlighted so you can use it for other welcome scenarios 😉 if you want.

Best wishes from Spain and nice talking to you on Connect here.

Jeroen

Level 8

@titanloveu

As promised 🙂

dosanddonts.jpg

Level 8

"Terima Kasih" @JeroenM say Thanks in Indonesia language.

Keep contribution,

Titan Rahadian

Level 8

Anda dipersilahkan 🙂

Happy Mapping!

Jeroen

Level 8

@titanloveu

I would be happy to give you an image for your Indonesian version. Just send me the text with "V" before the Do's and X before the Don'ts  and it will take less than a minute to add the symbols and safe it as an image for you.

Greetings, Jeroen