Level 6

Use google account nickname instead of name

8 comments
Level 9

Re: Use google account nickname instead of name

Apoyo la petición.

Level 10

I had picked up this issue sometimes ago since one of my student sent me a screenshot of my review and sent me in Facebook. hahahahaha.

Our google moderator, probably @LuisRG, had replied me like this: We are promoting all our users with their names because we believe that our users are feeling proud with our program an they are ready to share their contributions with all'. Then I thought about it deeply and convinced myself that what I have been doing is a genuine work so there is no need to hide it. 

Level 9

A mi me pasa igual, pero la cuestión es la privacidad.

No tengo problema porque las reseñas, puntuaciones, las fotos, etc... toda la información con la que he contribuido a Google Maps es valida y la hago con honestidad.   

Sin embargo, incido en la privacidad. Mi apellido es muy poco común y es muy sencillo encontrarme haciendo una búsqueda en Google. Se puede encontrar todos mis datos, como dirección, teléfonos, etc. Realmente es sencillo localizar a cualquier persona, pero mi apellido por ser raro, es más sencillo.

He cambiado el nombre de la cuenta de Google, cambiando el apellido por la letra inicial, y en Connect uso este nickname que he usado siempre. 

Level 8

Hi @BishowvijayaP @Caleidoscopio @RedZay,

Connect now supports custom Usernames that is unique.

Please visit your profile to change your username.

Level 10

Does the same username in LG connect appears to the map also @YK1001 bro ?

Level 8

No.  Connect username is independent with Maps Username.

As in Google Plus, we can also change display names, it can also different with from Maps name.

Level 3

AFAIK, it's a privacy policy regression: in the past, when the map editor interface was called Google Map Maker, there was an option to use a custom nickname for Google Maps contributions; and now just the Google+ display name is used instead.

Anyway, we can send our considerations to Google Maps maintainers using "Send feedback" (help page).

Level 3

Amen to that! Trip adviser and many other sites allow this. If Google wants to get more reviews, this would be the way to do it, duh!