FernandoEijiO's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Unhappy with Google: Being Active as a Local Guide x Losing Benefits (Free Storage)

I've been making a lot of effort to contribute with the community and I thought Google would continue recognizing its members with rewards.

I am not happy when my free storage has been taken out / expired.

Hey Google, I believe we are in a two way road where we continue helping the community to grow and you provide a simple benefit (free storage) which would not make any damage on the financial statement of the company.

São Paulo, State of São Paulo, Brazil
4 comments
Level 8

Re: Unhappy with Google: Being Active as a Local Guide x Losing Benefits (Free Storage)

Hello buddy!

No need to be unhappy, I have never received  free storage and yet, I love the initiative of Local Guides, I enjoy contributing.

Personally, I don't feel like it's mandatory to get something in return, my satisfaction lays on having more accurate maps, keep an eye on that buddy, try to get in  touch with other Local Guides in your area and you'll see how cool they are, you'd be surprise with the things you guys might have in common.

Greetings from Dominican Republic,

Héctor

Level 7

Re: Unhappy with Google: Being Active as a Local Guide x Losing Benefits (Free Storage)

I realized that the same thing happened to me. I would like some explanation because I understood that 1TB was for life. I looked in my files and found nothing to indicate the reason for this reduction.

Level 10

@RenatoMF This is the screenshot of the benefit activation from Dec 2016. It does say for 2 years for the 1TB Local Guides benefit. I too wish it was for life also, but it wasn't. 😞

GoogleDrive.jpg

And you can have a look at this post also which lists almost all the current/previous perks, you can check the details under each link and note the expiry/end date of each
And, there are always Local Guides achievement badges to be obtained and unlocked.
https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Repository-of-lists-of-Perks-for-Local-Guid...

Level 7

Thanks @StephenAbraham. I got in and out  the 1TB during vacation time so no documentation 🙂