Amiran's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Unavailability of app reviewing in Iran will cause to some unwanted spams these days

Hi dear Local Guides team,

The subject I want to discuss about is what we have explained a lot (for example this or this) and maybe repeating it be kind of annoying for you (and even for us to take your time).

But one important changes these days forced me to ask this feature again.

These days we have "Q&A" feature on android devices and we'll see this feature on iOS soon.

As Google Maps users, we can not rate or review places by app in Iran, But in web version we can. Even we've tested this by VPN, on all devices and versions and it doesn't work and it seems there is a problem or banning in system about Iran IP address or selecting "Iran" as country in Google account. Even some tourists have this problem in Iran and this is so annoying for them.

Every time we ask about this issue, World users and even Googlers tell that this issue maybe belongs to sanctions. This is just a guess and they do not know the exact reason and even don't try to discuss about it with the team and find the reason. Yes, When system works correctly for all other locations in the world, easiest way is to leave Iranian users with the incomplete features of the Google Maps and do not try to solve it but is this most correct way?

Till now, no Googlers told us how we can review and add photos in web and only in app we've this problem? Is this kind of sanctions belongs only to App? If so, Can't Google prepare a way to release reviewing and adding photos (which aren't part of sanctions themselves) and only ban other internal parts of the App if needed?

We don't like sanctions and it is not good for Iranian people but totally understand the situation and respect to the rules but when reviewing and adding photos are available in web, This is clear that disabling this feature in App is not part of sanctions and I think this should be related only to system defined parameters and Googlers can solve it if put time on it.

When people go to one place they want to tell about it in map and want to add photos by their mobile devices instantly but in Iran they can't do it and should wait to reach web version on their laptops or PCs.

Bad thing is that, Currently some unfamiliar users, use "Edit" option in app to see adding photo option but this way also caused wrong changes on maps. For example you see many edits about adding only one dot "." after main name because users want to add their photos in this way (by edit option) and system forces them to do at least one change for apply the edit. I saw many beginners that was thinking this is main way to add photos in App!! And don't know that we have straight way in other locations of the world.

And these days by new "Q&A" feature, we can see a field to add question and answers in app. But when adding reviews have no field for Iranians, many unfamiliar users, will add their reviews wrongly in Q&A section (Because they see one field for typing) and this cause really messed up details for locations.

Again I ask from dear support team and really appreciate them to have a look into this issue and take it as important thing for us (Iranians). Please prepare a way for us to review and add photos by app. We in Iran Local Guides community really try to teach users the correct way of mapping, reviewing, taking photos for map and many other map related things and our goal is to help Maps users and complete Google Maps in most accurate way but this is really impossible without help of Google support team.

Thanks for your attention and sorry to take your time @MariaBi @GusMoreira @LuisRG @BellaWi

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Tehran, Tehran Province, Iran
1 comment
Level 10

Re: Unavailability of app reviewing in Iran will cause to some unwanted spams these days

Hi @Amiran, I agree with you.

Yeah, We really try to complete the map to help people and this will also help Google.

It would be good if Google support us specially for this issue.

Hope Google Moderator help us like all other time they support us.

Thanks.