jonbstrong's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Unable to upload photos using Google Maps app on Iphone

After having managed to upload 14 photos using the google maps app on Iphone all of a sudden whenever I try to add photos to reviews (via maps -> contributions -> add review) the app gets stuck with a rotating blue wheel. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there any way to fix it? Should I post/send this elsewhere for support?

2018-02-21_09_59_50_jpg.png

36 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Unable to upload photos using Google Maps app on Iphone

@jonbstrong @LucioV @ChrisGaeng Hi all, this problem should go away with an update to Google Maps version 4.46. If you are already on this version, let me know how it goes! 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

View solution in original post

Hey @jonbstrong,

Welcome to Connect.

We have nothing similar reported as far as I know. Have you tried contributing pictures while connected to the Wi-Fi? From the screenshot I can see you are using LTE.

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 4

I've tried using wifi but that doesn't seem to change anything.

However I have just noticed that the problem when I add something pulled from my location history within the 'contributions' part of the app.

If I add photos to a listing I search for I'm able to without any issues.

Hey @jonbstrong,

Thanks for the follow-up.

I will need some time to test this on my side and will reply back when I have more information. In the meantime, someone from the Community may pitch in with more info.

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 4

Thanks - just edited my original issue after doing some more testing. 

Hey @jonbstrong,

I did not manage to reproduce what you described. Please let me know if the issue occurs only on one particular place or many? If it is one place only, please post the link to the place here.

Best regards,

Georges

Level 4

It happens with all venues. I’ve just messaged you a link to a screencast video I made of the issue I am experiencing.

Level 5

Can't post photos/videos in iOS

Can anyone help? The "post" button is Missing in the top right corner of my app. 😞

I can write a review, select stars but when I click on the "add pictures"-box they submit/post" button is being replaced by a "loading"-circle 😞

Connect Moderator

Re: Can't post photos/videos in iOS

Hi @ChrisGaeng thanks for posting your question.

Is this a new thing for you? Are you running the latest Maps App? How old is your iOS? Which country are you in?

Regards Paul

Level 5

Re: Can't post photos/videos in iOS

Hi Paul,

The issue is new to me. It occurred several times before but since 3 days it's permanent.

I am running iOS 11.2.5 on my iPhone and IOS 11.3 on my iPad with both the latest GoogleMaps App version. I am currently in Germany.

Screenshot: https://photos.app.goo.gl/UwIe8BZGySqbUo443