mjangid's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Unable to change the profile name

Hello There,

This is really very fantastic to use this forum to connect and share the infomation.

Unfortunately I am facing one issue - I can't change the profile information. I am using my name in Hindi and this forum is not displaying correctly.

does anyone know how to correct this?

Thanks

Manoj Jangid

Manoj
12 comments
Level 10

Re: Unable to change the profile name

For today it's not possible. Name at this forum is created by your first name and initial of last name. I also dislike this 😞

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Former Google Contributor

As @JacekNK said, right now it's not possible to change the name. But this is something that we will take into consideration. Thanks for the feedback!

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 10

@LuisRG

Please consider and change this rule as soon as it's possible. I would like to be named and known under one name in every Google service - I'm TC, RS, RL and SVTP and even as LG on Google Maps my name is not the same as on this forum. It's important to me to have consistent identity.

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Level 8

It's a relatively old thread, but the issue is present. It'd be nice to be able to choose a community nickname.

Level 10

I believe the intention behind this is to be able to make it easier to connect with other local guides - on maps their name is displayed already, so it makes sense to have the name here rather than a nickname.

MapMaker forum: http://goo.gl/6e5Kv9 :: Maps forum: http://goo.gl/Xy2G79 :: Give Kudos for great content!
Level 8

Wouldn't it make sense to link from the community profile to the Maps profile (reviews / photographs)? It seems a little half-hearted and very disjointed at the moment. The Maps profile is a good indication to see what kind of Local Guide someone is, but it doesn't tell much about the person: I'd have to locate the UID and then see if that person has an active Google+ profile or at least filled out the About section on aboutme.google.com.

Level 2

Then would you please let us/me know that how to delete this profile (guides connect) or opt out of it. Because knowing Google (and the way they handled "choosing" of Plus usernames) I don't think it's gonna change and I just don't like when someone else decides my username.

Thanks. 

@LuisR wrote:

As @JacekNK said, right now it's not possible to change the name. But this is something that we will take into consideration. Thanks for the feedback!

Level 7

I totally agree with MasatakeW. It would make sense to use the same username across all Google products. I would vote in favor of that option. 😉

Vincent

Level 8

Your reply is same thought. I'm also a RL and TT. But your terms RS and SVTP are unheard. I'm curious to know it's expansion...

@Jacek NK wrote:

@LuisRG

Please consider and change this rule as soon as it's possible. I would like to be named and known under one name in every Google service - I'm TC, RS, RL and SVTP and even as LG on Google Maps my name is not the same as on this forum. It's important to me to have consistent identity.

Regards,

Jacek

அர்விந்த் ரவி தமிழன்

Do hit a Thumbs up if you like my post and maybe check/follow my GMaps profile? https://maps.app.goo.gl/mcDU1A8CgVMDyDtg8 P.s. - I try to review and add pics only if they add value to our time ‌:slightly_smiling_face:‌