jfvdvelden's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Unable to Add Photos

Hi all,

I'm living in Croatia and street view has not been everywhere. I have a lot of photo's who i like to share. But i'm unable to place a photo in a town/village or other place where not someone already has placed something. I have to make it my hometown or office. 

Can there not been a option "view" in the categories for local guides? instead museum or something else?

John van der Velden
Istra, Kroatië
6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Unable to Add Photos

Hi @jfvdvelden, with 360 photos, Google Maps is much more "liberal" than with ordinary photos. You can add them to towns or streets (directly), they do not necessarily have to be POI's. Here is an example of an abandoned church in a village called Dunaszekcső near my place: 

https://goo.gl/maps/EjLEVZ4V77u

The church does not have a POI on maps (I could've added one but I did not see any reason or point as no-one is visiting it) so I added the photo to the village itself.

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Hi @jfvdvelden you can add photos to any place in Google Maps. Some of the things you see on Maps are defined as shapes and these cannot have photos added to them. Generally any business, park, tourist attraction etc. will be able to have photos added.

Regards Paul

Level 9

Hi Paul,

I know only any business and more can only place these. But i would be nice if we can do it also under the mention view, walking point, adventure tip or something like this.

Via this option we can place much more into maps. 

I have a lot of places like hidden waterfalls, abandon towns, old war buildings and much more to share what would be nice to place. Now i can only share this via geocache and place an hidden treasure overthere :).

thanks for you answer

John van der Velden
Level 8

Hi, @jfvdvelden.

For hidden waterfalls, abandoned towns, old war buildings and much more you can use Google Street View app - create 360 photos and make in every place you want!

Ordinary photo - it's yesterday. 360 photo - is today!))

Level 10
Solution

Hi @jfvdvelden, with 360 photos, Google Maps is much more "liberal" than with ordinary photos. You can add them to towns or streets (directly), they do not necessarily have to be POI's. Here is an example of an abandoned church in a village called Dunaszekcső near my place: 

https://goo.gl/maps/EjLEVZ4V77u

The church does not have a POI on maps (I could've added one but I did not see any reason or point as no-one is visiting it) so I added the photo to the village itself.

Level 9

thankz for your answer

John van der Velden
Level 9

thankz for your answer

John van der Velden