JoeGleave's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Transferring contribution points between accounts

Can you please create a way to transfer contributions from an old account to a new one? I'm sure a lot of people would find this useful. I had around 16,000 local guide points on my google.com account from when I worked in the Geo team but when I left Google I obviously lost access to this account. It seems a shame that I should lose all those points rather than be able to combine them with my personal account. I visited all those places and made all those edits. 

4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Transferring contribution points between accounts

Hi @JoeGleave and @Lovejonezin A Warm Welcome in Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides.

• Local Guides can partecipate with one account only, as per Program rules, point 15.
  • If you have more than one account, you should close all the secondary account, to avoid the ban from the program
  • As a Local Guide cannot have more than one account, contributions cannot be transfered between accounts. you can download all your photos before closing the account, and reupload it with the right account. Of course you will have to rewrite your reviews 

As this seems to be one of your first post in here, I take the opportunity to give you some information to know how to interact with the community:

• Need Help?: The help area give you a lot of solutions if you need to "know how to ...."
    • Explore the Forum menu, to see what the various sections are about. You will find many interesting parts regarding, for example, meet-up, or photographic technique.
    • Give to the post a descriptive title

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Welcome again, I hope to see you soon 🙂

Ermes

View solution in original post

Level 5

I have an old account on Google and had some points. Is it permissible to transfer these points to m

Is it possible to add my previous account points and badges?!

I have chosen to start with a new identity linking it with my other social account, Instagram and Snapchat, but I am still wondering how can I transfer what I have already gained. 

I am not just starting new identity but also more beneficial by providing more thoughtful reviews and visuals.

Best, 

Sara

Level 6

Great question @JoeGleave! I was wondering the same thing myself. It's not much, but I posted two reviews under the wrong email address (the one for my business) and it does not have any previous reviews. I believe where one travels [on their timeline] should not be a prime factor because we are allowed to switch between accounts, bypassing the login screen.

For example, I travel to multiple locations on my timeline and often switch in between business and personal email accounts. While traveling, I do not have phone service, and must wait until I am near WiFi again. If GPS is the manner in which activity is determined, then all of the [gmail] accounts I have accessed should have the same activity listed... as I would:

1. Be logged into all gmail accounts that I check, when at a WiFi hotspot

2. Stay logged in to all gmail accounts accessed, when leaving WiFi hot spots

3. Return simultaneously to all accounts accessed, upon re-connecting to a WiFi hotspot

Not sure if anyone can provide clarity on how to transfer local guide data between accounts accessed on the same device (for a sort of "proof of identity"). This improvement could be verifiable through the following means*:

1. IP Address locating

2. GPS tracking

3. Activity verification

*Per acceptance of applicable Terms & Agreements

Since, at the end of the day, who is going to steal submitted review information and then continue providing quality input under a stolen account?The "proof of work" per se is in the posting and is easily verifiable, with all of Google's massive resources. A lot of effort and work goes into formulating engaging content that adds value to readers and can only be sustained thru action. Although more perks/awards/contracts would be nice as well; right now we [local guides] do this because we love it, with and without compensation. Just let us get our credit where credit should be due. This also gives readers a better idea of the reviewers "voice" and a more trustworthy experience based on a complete body of work/reviews submitted under one account.

I'll step off my soapbox now. Hope someone with more knowledge than I, concerning this issue, can provide an equitable solution. #lovejonezin

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @JoeGleave and @Lovejonezin A Warm Welcome in Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides.

• Local Guides can partecipate with one account only, as per Program rules, point 15.
  • If you have more than one account, you should close all the secondary account, to avoid the ban from the program
  • As a Local Guide cannot have more than one account, contributions cannot be transfered between accounts. you can download all your photos before closing the account, and reupload it with the right account. Of course you will have to rewrite your reviews 

As this seems to be one of your first post in here, I take the opportunity to give you some information to know how to interact with the community:

• Need Help?: The help area give you a lot of solutions if you need to "know how to ...."
    • Explore the Forum menu, to see what the various sections are about. You will find many interesting parts regarding, for example, meet-up, or photographic technique.

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Ermes

Connect Moderator

Re: I have an old account on Google and had some points. Is it permissible to transfer these points

Hi @Riyadh_Bloggy A Warm Welcome in Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides.

• Local Guides can partecipate with one account only, as per Program rules, point 15.

I am merging your post with another one with the same subject 

Ermes