Briggs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Towards Zero: Why don't my photo uploads appear on the POI?

After a while, I wanted to try and get back to taking photos in restaurants and helping new businesses pick up steam. But I just can't keep doing this if Google Maps isn't going to support me and encourage me to upload more if all it's going to do is reject my photo and keep it hidden so no one else can see it. At the newly opened restaurant, there are close-ups of food already uploaded but there isn't any clear photo of the counter area. I wanted to take a photo and upload it, but it doesn't want to appear.

From what Lucio has said in the product forums, sometimes they might be taken down or removed immediately if they don't follow content guidelines. I do not understand what guidelines I'm breaking. Like I have been in the entirety of this post, I would've thought that Google maps would have gone beyond this problem of not filtering out quality uploads like I have. Instead, rather this problem continues to occur to many of my photos (as mentioned previously) and even after revising, editing and/or reuploading the photos repeatedly, they won't even see the light of day even though they're good photos.

I don't understand...