Pea's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Tips for Giving Kudos?

On facebook i do no like too much, but very often my posts are liked several hundreds times. The record is abour 30k likes and few k comments. Those numbers are too high for G+

Level 7

On flickr i gave few thousand ikes. I got dozen of thousands likes. It is not possible to give so many likes, as they are possible to come

Level 7

neki ljudi koji ovdje ne vole davati kudose, po mom misljenju imaju spacificne stavive i/ili dovoljno iskustva u drustvenim mrezama. Nismo svi ljudi isti i to je i ljepota druzenja i komuniciranja na drustvenim mrezama. Osobno ponekad volim davati puno kudosa, a ponegdje ne dajem. Ponekad je broj dobivenih komentara i kudosa signifikantan, no ne treba od toga praviti filozofiju. Ipak je sve ovo prvenstveno zabava.

Level 7

@MichelChammas congratulations!

Level 10

Thank you 🙂 @Tito
Level 10

A Kudo given is A Kudo received @Pea

@MichelChammas

@Tito

@LucioV

@SarahShakoteki

@Pea wrote:

There are lots of guides around, tips for reviews, for photos for edits - how about a Google Modgives some quick feedback on giving kudos?

The help section says: "Kudos is a content rating system that lets you vote for the messages you think are the most useful or important." It's great to give a post a thumbs up but is the system being abused and therefore rendered somewhat debased?

There are quite a few LGs who are simply giving kudos to gain a badge. They're easy to spot by looking at their Connect profile and you can see they have simply opened a thread and kudo'd every post, then opened another thread and done the same. One LG recently gave 500 kudo in four hours - probably in attempt to gain kudos back.

@TraciC or @Corrie are you aware this kind of kudos 'spamming' is very regular, do you have advice to LGs engaged in such activity?

Level 10

I give more than I got hehe 🙂 @ProfArunCM
Level 4

@ProfArunCM

I don't doubt that the "Kudo" thing is "kind of getting abused".

But if I think about WHY it is, I don't wonder & I don't mind:

This whole Google Local Guide thing is a FREE occupation. We don't get compensated. In fact, we don't get anything useful.

I read that here & then you get some extra storage etc. (which I personally do not need) & maybe some other things.

However, what I want to point out is, that people who participate usually want something back. Since this isn't in form of

money or any other greater compensation, they make use of the eager characteristic of a human to want to achieve - like,

someone wants all badges for whatever reason.

They try to keep this community alive. And this is just one way to do it.

Level 9

I think by giving kudos to gain a badge is a work done novice. Real LG's respect each other work and encourage for the same. Giving a kudo is fair if you find the information posted by the LG is helpful.  However, the information shared by you is really helpful as it gives a guidance to new LG's on connect forum.

Thanks!

Level 5

Tips for Giving Kudos?

I will give you right way in my locality

4 km