Pea's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Tips for Giving Kudos?

@Ritikjangid1 check out the tips mention below.

People give kudos for lots of reasons. I give them out of agreement, encouragement, to recognize a great post, or to welcome a new member's first post. Kudos are a lightweight way to engage with your fellow Local Guides. They don't result in points or status. I don't think we need to tell people how they should be using them. 

Philip's point about them being a signal for other spammy behavior is noted though. As our community policy says, Local Guides who add low-quality / spammy / fake information to the Map may lose their LG status or even be banned from contributing to Google Maps at all. 

@Ritikjangid1 Since you are new here

so a warm welcome to Local Guides and our Connect community forum.

Why don't you take a moment to introduce yourself to the other Local Guides? Here some tips to help you with your self-introduction:

1. Name: 
  2. Location:  (tag your location in the location field below)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: 
  4. I love to share: 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: 

Be sure to explore the many sections of the site and check out the conversations happening among our Local Guides. 

Tips for getting started:

This section of the site has some good tips on how to use the community and interact with your fellow Local Guides. 

• Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already. 
  • Use a descriptive title for your post to make it easier for people to know whether they should open it. 
  • Use the Location field to geotag your post to a specific place, but make sure its important to the content of the post.  
  • Don't share personal information on the forums, check out the private messaging option instead. 
  • This area has helpful more information about the Local Guides program in case you have more questions. 
  • By following this link you can find local guides near you.

Many thanks and have fun with other local guides.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

Level 7

Most updated information you have shared.

@Corrie wrote:

@Pea @JeroenM @MichelChammas @LucioV 

People give kudos for lots of reasons. I give them out of agreement, encouragement, to recognize a great post, or to welcome a new member's first post. Kudos are a lightweight way to engage with your fellow Local Guides. They don't result in points or status. I don't think we need to tell people how they should be using them. 

Philip's point about them being a signal for other spammy behavior is noted though. As our community policy says, Local Guides who add low-quality / spammy / fake information to the Map may lose their LG status or even be banned from contributing to Google Maps at all. 

Level 8

@deepakjhic thanks for your Tips. 

Bannu local guide
Level 10

The issue must be looked into @Pea

@InayatK

@Pankaj90

@Haruki

@deepakjhic

@Pea wrote:

There are lots of guides around, tips for reviews, for photos for edits - how about a Google Modgives some quick feedback on giving kudos?

The help section says: "Kudos is a content rating system that lets you vote for the messages you think are the most useful or important." It's great to give a post a thumbs up but is the system being abused and therefore rendered somewhat debased?

There are quite a few LGs who are simply giving kudos to gain a badge. They're easy to spot by looking at their Connect profile and you can see they have simply opened a thread and kudo'd every post, then opened another thread and done the same. One LG recently gave 500 kudo in four hours - probably in attempt to gain kudos back.

@TraciC or @Corrie are you aware this kind of kudos 'spamming' is very regular, do you have advice to LGs engaged in such activity?

Level 8

Hi family,

I believe we certainly have guides that deserve many badges, but the option: "accept solution" is much better,

just like in the forum with TC (Top Contributor).

I need to improve my performance, I can participate in a specific language forum (portuguese). I have a certain interaction,

but I confess that I got a little discouraged. In this by conversation by language, I and two other members literally connected

with some other guides, but I do not know how productive this was for both parties.

Regards from Brazil.

Level 8

@Rubens_

You are entitled to your own opinions and should of course only do as you please, but I have to say that it seems "over the top" to assume you could get banned for the normal use of kudos.

Yes, spamming is something that is not permitted in this community and the LG program in general, and would have consequences, but why do you think that giving kudos would be perceived as such?

Breaking the community or program rules can in some cases be done unknowingly, although one could say that it is our responsibility to educate ourselves about them, as we accepted the terms and conditions when we signed up. I do not get the impression that members of the LG Team are trigger happy when it comes to banning people and trust that each case is evaluated carefully.

There have been examples of banned Local Guides that did not understand why they were banned and came back to ask for help and clarification. Of course, these cases are handled by Google privately, so there is nothing we can learn from these examples. So yes, warn people to take care and follow the rules, but also let's not get paranoid.

Level 7

Thank you.... It is helpful. I was not aware of such spamming

Level 8

I give kudos today about a thousand more, and frankly I get a red box warning that says I've exceeded the limits of kudo 500 / hour

I did it with my finger, its hurt lol in smartphone.
Its  a volunteer no need a prize, like us become a Local Guide.

Here the kudos I give just to mark I have read it and I appreciate who wrote it.

If the problem is already set in the system badge that every achievement of something will get a badge immediately.
only level badges that take up to 24 hours or later are notified
Level 9

Hi @AgoesSantosa you are really terrific!!!!!!

Newton Pakhira