PittsburghJon's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

There should be a way to auto-blur people's faces in our photos

Google automatically blurs faces for their Streetview pictures.  And youtube has a way to automatically blur faces in videos.  So I know the tech exists and it's something that Google could implement. 

Manually blurring facing with photoshop is tedious and time consuming.  There should be a "blur face wizard" or something like that, that can do it automatically to new and to already uploaded pictures. 

˚͜˚
8 comments
Level 10

Re: There should be a way to auto-blur people's faces in our photos

And for the record, I do already try the best I can to not include people in pictures.  But sometimes at very popular locations, it's just unavoidable. 

˚͜˚
Level 8

Hii @PittsburghJon

You can also try Automatically Blur in your Google Street View App

Remember You can't Blur your Panoramic Picture after you Successful Uploaded to Google Street View App

Step 1: Turn on automatic face detection.

1. Open the Street View app .
  2. Tap the Menu .
  3. Choose Settings.
  4. Next to “Automatically detect faces in 360 photos,” turn the switch on.

Step 2: Detect a face and blur.

1. Open the Street View app .
  2. Under the “Private” tab, open a photo.
  3. Tap More More Detect faces and blur . Faces in the photo may be detected and blurred.
  4. To undo the blur, touch and hold the spot on the photo that’s blurred and tap Remove RemoveYou can also read this whole topic in this link Blur your 360 images

Thanks for Asking

Level 3

I am trying to turn on the auto-blur feature, but when I go to settings it is not there. I only have the following.

Available for hire

auto-connect 360 photos

Notify me of new collections

geotag 360 photos

save to album on you phone

publish over wi-fi only

send crash reports

open links in chrome

satellite mode

I would really like to have this feature available. Why is it not there?

Level 10

Sorry @kyleaw this works only on Android SV App, not in iOS.

@Umashankar great tutorial! May i use in a macro for answering the same question?

Level 8

Sure @LucioV

It's my pleasure

Thanks for mentioning me.

Level 10

@PittsburghJon wrote:

And for the record, I do already try the best I can to not include people in pictures.  But sometimes at very popular locations, it's just unavoidable. 

Exactly. I also try to shoot without people but when I cannot, I blur the faces. Here's an example: 

https://goo.gl/maps/ruHi1qWvPgK2

@Umashankar (and all) OP is asking about flat photos, not SV photos. He even mentioned in his OP that he knows about auto blurring in SV. 

Edit: on the mobile, we have the option to make some basic edits before uploading. The editing tools are those of Google Photos. Well, I guess a blurring tool should then be added to Google Photos then. On the mobile, I can imagine to blur an area where I tap with my finger. That's also more or less round. By the way, the same tool (adding a relatively small, round blurring option) should be added to the SV App, too, as it does not always recognize human faces automatically.

Level 10

@Gaieus wrote:

@PittsburghJon wrote:

Exactly. I also try to shoot without people but when I cannot, I blur the faces. Here's an example: 

https://goo.gl/maps/ruHi1qWvPgK2

@Umashankar (and all) OP is asking about flat photos, not SV photos. He even mentioned in his OP that he knows about auto blurring in SV.

Oh sorry @Csaba i also misunderstood the request!

In that cases i use long exposure... but some editing off-app is always required:

https://goo.gl/maps/D7GwEmEucHx

Level 10

Ah well, long exposure is of course an option but many LG's don't run around with profesional cameras and tripods (that would also be needed for a good shot with long exposure most of the times). Nice solution however. I remember you also mentioned this for 360 photos, @LucioV