imisstraveling's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

The huge gap of points in Level 8 and next levels is demotivating me

I am level 8 guide and before this i used to very excited about sharing photos and contributing but the next milestones used to look accomplish-ables but now after 8 to 9, it looks almost impossible and doesn't excites me like before. Never the less i regularly contribute to maps whenever i am visiting a new place but again i am kind of loosing interest.

The other thing is lack of activities by Google in my new city. So i moved to Hyderabad from New Delhi (capital of india) and there is hardly any programs and workshops in this city provided that Google have their office in Hyderabad as well. So there's that. And this is my subjective opinion about the existing point system, so be polite with me 😛

Have a good day 

By the deep Sea, and music in its roar: I love not Man the less, but Nature more.
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: The huge gap of points in Level 8 and next levels is demotivating me

Hi @imisstraveling thank you for your thoughts. Yes the gap is quite large and takes some time to work your way through the levels. I'm level 8 as well, and am about half way to level 9. I don't actually worry about the levels too much - my reward is knowing that I'm helping other people. The levels will come when they come.

It is a hard situation for Google, when many of us were stuck on what was the highest level (level 5 then) many of us felt the same way, there wasn't anywhere to go so Google invented the higher levels and made them a long way apart to give us somewhere to go.

I'll move your post to the feedback board.

Regards Paul

Level 9

Yeah, rightly said. Thanks for replying. 

By the deep Sea, and music in its roar: I love not Man the less, but Nature more.
Level 7

@PaulPavlinovich The requirements to get to what's currently Level 10 are probably ok, but maybe it would be nice to have some milestones in between 8 - 10.

Adding special rewards, perks or features (reviews, moderation...) for LGs of those highest levels could also help keep people motivated.

Level 8

I kinda feel the same way. It was a huge achievement to reach level 8 and now the bar doesn't seem to move anymore

level 8.JPG