cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Problem with Google Local Guides

@Justin-A

Well, look from my perspective...Your Idea is OK and good, but you must know that world actually does not look as you see the world from your perspective... And be sure I do understand you and all people from 1st world...but you and most of them does not understand me and people from that world where I live...You know there is no job, no money, no life, no human rights...nothing...and few people who have a job thy have monthly salary something around 250 $, and they must work sometimes 10 - 12 hours per day...

For example, I live in small town...very few business I have to make reviews and to take photo of them...there is no many new opened etc...

So if you live in large city...and developed country you will have opportunities in this field also, just like in many other...

So how can I be equal with you or somebody who live at normal place?

I am not able even to come in US and look for job by myself...

Perspective viewing!

Now I can feel that you are not angry, before...well I cant say but it seams to me that you are little...but well if you say that you are not I respect that...it can be up to me. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Justin-A

@JustinA wrote:

Btw, I too am a huge fan of Map Maker.  

Have you tried floor plan marker?  

https://www.google.com/search?q=google+maps+floor+plan+marker&oq=google+maps.floor&aqs=chrome.2.69i5....

Regards, 

I cant event try this app - This app is incompatible with all of your devices.

But also I thing that indoor mapping is not available in this country.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Justin-A

I just remembered, one more information for you...

When I start to thinking about YouTube monetization and to try make money on that way...did you know that even on that field I can be equal...because type of adds and number of them witch are showed on video is one of the main factors for earning the money...in US there is many ads, but here in Bosnia and Herzegovina...very few and not "quality" ...and also to edit some video in my case...and to upload that video with speed 512 MB ...well you cant imagine how long it takes...mostly i must turn of my router several times... for HD 720p I dont want even to talk about that 🙂 do not even try to think about 1080  😄

You see I am actually trapped here...no way out...only way to leave from there is if some good and strong company want to hire me...I was send many emails to almost all embassies and consulates...nothing... 😄

I am applying for job everywhere, nothing.

I am trying to find some job here to collect money and try personally to go in some good country and then to look for job, nothing.

Nothing and nothing...but yes there is something - Hope...  Hoping that I will succeed with Google 🙂

Level 8

Hi DraganK, 

I've been thinking about something for a little while now, and perhaps it might be of use to you. Perhaps not, only you would know.  Here it is....

Here in the United States there are many many businesses that do not have websites.  We all know this because as Local Guides, Google is constantly asking us to gather information about our local businesses. Many many small businesses here are still owned by an older generation of customer that still doesn't quite understand the age we live in and how having a digital presence could help their business. 

Here's what I was considering:  why not use Blogger to build these businesses a custom website. It could be basic just a photo, layout, hour's of operation, phone number, etc. Present the website to the business owner and convince them that having a digital presence is worth their time. Explain to them how many of their customers now and in the future rely upon Google maps to find them, and that having at least a basic Website attached to Google maps would at the very least allow them to control their online presence. 

This will take some sales skills. If you need help, I recommend downloading Google Primer, a free app offered to android users that offers 5 minute marketing lessons every day.  You can also take free classes via Google education UK, Which teaches business owners the value of a website.  

Once you have convinced the business owner it's worth their yo invest in your service's you can begin truly building them a website through Google Domains (this will tie directly in to blogger).  

Afterwards, you can set them up through Google plus and attach the website to their listing on  Google maps.  With all that done you'll begin getting a host of data through Analytics, etc.  

Although a basic package would include only the most rudimentary webpage, you might also consider including more in depth and complicated services including responding to the business owners Google reviews and managing their digital profile altogether.  

I believe that Google would really like us all to be marketers m, extolling the virtue of their products and bringing the older generation first business owners into the modern age.  Every single thing I mentioned here is completely FREE except the purchasing of a Google domain, which you will only do if the business owner chooses to employ you.  

I know that might not be the answer your looking for, but it is indeed a massive oppotunity for those willing to give it a shot.  I'be seriously been considering it myself for the last few months. I hope it helps. 

Regards, 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Justin-A

Yes, that is the great idea... I was try with that here... I am working with Wix... And only one company was accepted my suggestion... I earn 250 € including lot of photosphere with mobile... Then I was not be trusted photographer

Owners of small business here does not have money for this and also many of them does not see anything important in this... Also I was try with freelance websites... 🙂 almost all I believe.. 

World is against me 🙂 

Level 10

@Justin-A I do not care about what Google give me or levels. I just want to help others, that's all. Do not think about benefits, if you are doing a good thing for the society, you will get a lot of benefits. Most probably not from the Google, but from unknown people.  

I love to hear from someone that I have done something to the betterment of society rather than getting 1TG/100GB or other benefits from Google. 🙂

Level 10

@Justin-A It is not avialable in Sri Lanka. 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnuradhaP

Wow... Yes Yes... Let's be honest...  Many people here does not even know that I am put their business on map... I am mapping whole country and also countries around me... What was I got from my municipality or country... Discrimination and nothing... So please... 

@AnuradhaP wrote:

@Justin-A I do not care about what Google give me or levels. I just want to help others, that's all. Do not think about benefits, if you are doing a good thing for the society, you will get a lot of benefits. Most probably not from the Google, but from unknown people.  

I love to hear from someone that I have done something to the betterment of society rather than getting 1TG/100GB or other benefits from Google. 🙂

Former Google Contributor

Hello @Justin-A. Thank you so much for sharing these thoughts with us and the community. We are constantly evolving the Local Guides program and benefits and we have some cool things in store for 2017. 

Level 8
Moved:

The Out of Topic discussion regarding earning points for mark place as closed moved to the above new thread.