M1x1D's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Temporary Festivals

There are many temporary festivals around the globe. Here is an example, This is a search result of Google about Global Village Festival located in Dubai, UAE.  gpgv.JPG

According to the Google, the place is open today, But according to the official site, Global village will be open in 1st Nov 2017. gvow.JPG

We, as a local guide, how handle such places?  There is no option available for any scheduled open or closure dates.  I think google add an option for such places where we know closure and opening dates. like, temporary closed will open on 01.01.20xx.   

10 comments
Level 8

Temporary Location feature

Hello...

Here I come again with another idea to make Maps more convenient for all! I have thought based on my own local specificity... That there should be a feature allowing to add seasonal locations or locations which are temporary. I will illustrate why and how with two examples...

First I will consider a circus I went to in mid year, the circus was to be there for about 2 - 3 months, I would be nice to add it to maps so that if for example someone wanting to know its location get to know where to find it... If ever I added it, then after the 2  months its over, though I could select to add it as permanently closed on maps.... there is chance no one does and it stays there for a while. This would render maps a little irrelevant. Added to this, permanently closed is a feature that goes through approval process in Maps and it can take time to be approved and shown on the map... again making maps irrelevant for sometime!

On the same example, let us suppose that after the 1 circus A another circus B is to operate in the same area... bearing in mind that someone wants to add it to maps. Again the procedure would be rather tedious... consisting of closing the first waiting for approval reopening another... At the same time I don't know if it closed locations disappear on Maps, but if they don't... imagine the confusion having two 'items' named as circus in the same location one closed and the other active!

I think that there should be an option to add duration of a location as an option in Maps in the window where we add businesses with options to modify it later in case of modifications... it should be as short as hours like for example showing the location of a concert!

Secondly, it concerns places which have more than one use. I will consider my town's market. The market sells clothes and other textile products on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays ( I am not sure) and the other days sell vegetables. There should be a mean to indicate this as the use changes from day to day. This practice is very common in many countries for example in France, Paris where sometimes streets are transformed into various markets for a given period of time and the name and category changes sometimes in a random way.

To resolve this things like frequency of of operations... patterns or even a calendar can be added to businesses, thus allowing for anyone entering data to make this clear.

It would be also nice to add the options for business owners or users to add special times or even special notes to locations, like if a store used to close at 8 pm, but closes at 11 pm on Christmass  eve. (The special notes could also be promo on items... adding more useful info to Maps for users.... it could also be a paid feature at the expense of the business owner to Google)

In the same way I would like to add that being able to take a picture of opening hours and add to maps is great but... the other day I added such a picture, all the hours were added but special times during public holidays were ignored!

@GusMoreira @TraciC @Corrie

Former Google Contributor

Re: Temporary Location feature

Hello @MVince25. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We have passed along the ask from Local Guides to be able to add temporary locations to Google Maps.

As for seasonal hours, business owners can already set these if they have claimed their business on Google Maps. Its a free process and lets them control their full listing, add seasonal hours, and even reply to reviews. For more information, check out Google My Business

Anonymous
Not applicable

But why is our location considerd a business? I was not aware of that.
Level 10

@CorrieD wrote:

As for seasonal hours, business owners can already set these if they have claimed their business on Google Maps...

Sorry @Corrie but that's not seasonal hours but special hours (for certain dates - like holidays - only). 

Seasonal hours would mean that I once (and only once) set hours for (say) winter season and summer season. Not every time it changes in spring or fall/autumn. It has been a feature request by quite many for quite long by the way.

Connect Moderator

Re: Temporary Festivals

Es una buena solicitud para ser agregada en Google Maps sitios temporales @M1x1D, esperemos que puedan agregar está opción.

saludos Farid

Level 8

[Request] Add peddlers for countries in development like food trucks

In Mexico, Latam region and countries in development exist an high number of persons who has not fixed establishment of their products but a big number of they are constantly in the same point at specific hours withing a particular point on a zone for years (I have meet several which has more than 15 years in the same route), this is because mostly they have a route which cover in all day, getting more sells in peak hours in particular places.

Peddler who are seen in Mexico are salesman who sell flowers, grilled corn, apples, bread and so on which for countries in development this is kind of cultural way, which represent a good income for this persons and families.

I have made a small interview about if people could trace we are at and match the route in order to buy will increase the number of the sells for this individual salesman which would benefit a lot in the economy of this persons but also in the persons who buy from them, due can be rated and reviewed, is part of accept what is happening since more than 30 years and will continue, so let's ability to add this kind of minor business to internet.

Please not confuse this with service-area businesses (SAB) https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038163?hl=en which is totally different, here is set a radio of coverage, instead my proposal is the feature to add a salesman which is updating their location on their route or instead, the ability to set where will be at desire time and date.

please vote for this feature!

Level 9

Re: [Request] Add peddlers for countries in development like food trucks

Hi @HectorFdz,

Owh @FaridTDF it's my bad luck I didn't read the full post due to lack of time. Thank you so much for merging both post. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

Hi, not necesarry, because Peddlers has not an business neither fixed place.

Connect Moderator

Hola @HectorFdz, en este caso y considerando todo lo indicado por ti, puedes agregar esos negocios como si agregases los otros negocios, este tema fue tratado en otra oportunidad, voy a funcionar tu consulta con el otro tema.

Gracias @deepakjhic, también por tu aporte, pero ese te tipo de negocios callejeros no aplican para My Business.

Saludos Farid

For the case that has difficulty, in reading my answer, in the upper right part of the screen, in the drop-down menu of languages, you can select the language, in which you want to read the post.