Saad_AlDossary's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Re: Suggestion: Danger rating for roads and intersections

I think this feature would be awesome as well. I reside in Sevierville, Tn. Our area during winter months alot of roads become undriveable unless yiu have a 4x4 ATV or something that can handle ice and snow. We have a huge tourism industry ans there are a lot of rental cabins on these roads. For example the road i live off of there are several rental cabins during winter months there are several accidents and law enforcement wont even come past the switchback cause its a private road. Also other times of the year in Pigeon Forge roads get flooded from extreme rain. Would be nice feature maybe a section for locals or tourists can rate the roads in areas they visit as we rate restaurants and other facilitys

@JonasK wrote:

Thank you so much @EhsanD, @Saad_AlDossary and the rest of those who share a common idea about using Google to minimise road accidents by alerting drivers if approaching accident prone danger zone. I remember last time I raised this concern but haven't yet heard from our moderators @TraciC, @Corrie to point me and others who view this as a good thing to incorporate into Maps.

Thank you so much @EhsanD

For tagging me into this post. 

Regards

JonasK

@JonasK wrote:

Thank you so much @EhsanD, @Saad_AlDossary and the rest of those who share a common idea about using Google to minimise road accidents by alerting drivers if approaching accident prone danger zone. I remember last time I raised this concern but haven't yet heard from our moderators @TraciC, @Corrie to point me and others who view this as a good thing to incorporate into Maps.

Thank you so much @EhsanD

For tagging me into this post. 

Regards

JonasK

Googler

Hi @JonasKL. @Corrie shared in an above comment that we passed this feedback along to the product team. We do look at all feedback shared here in Connect and pass it along to the appropriate teams, but encourage Local Guides to continue conversations on threads about features they'd like to see, especially as the world and Google Maps changes so often. As with any feedback, please do continue to share here in Connect please also share the same feedback directly in the app or on desktop. Thank you! 🙂 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 9

Noted @TraciC

Keep us updated on new features too. But some quick question; how do I share it on the app? Is it like an edit? Please help explain.

Regards

JonasK

@TraciC wrote:

Hi @JonasKL. @Corrie shared in an above comment that we passed this feedback along to the product team. We do look at all feedback shared here in Connect and pass it along to the appropriate teams, but encourage Local Guides to continue conversations on threads about features they'd like to see, especially as the world and Google Maps changes so often. As with any feedback, please do continue to share here in Connect please also share the same feedback directly in the app or on desktop. Thank you! 🙂 

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
Level 9

Thank you so much @JayB

I hope to see this feature in the future. To help generations to come and ours included. 

Regards 

JonasK

Level 7

This is really a good idea. Let me share a personal anecdote - 

3 years back I was coming from Bharatpur to Delhi, and we took a slight 100m diversion to eat at a good restaurant. 

Now after the stop Google map rerouted my route. When I reached the intersection I saw it was pitch dark road, and Google asked me to follow this road for 25 kms before it reaches the main highway. Something told me not to go on the road - and I went back and asked locals, and my intuition was right - locals told me that this road is frequented by robbers and since very few people take it the road is very dangerous. I avoided it that day. 

Last year a friend of end of mine followed maps on to the same road, and his car was chased by 5-6 bikes and they were robbed of cash and valuables. 

This road was earlier a main main road but after the opening of a new highway it has become a deserted road - and google map should stop advising people on this road. 

The reason why why google suggests this road is because alternate roads have a bit of traffic for first 1 km or so. 

I think danger rating in this case may be really helpful. 

Googler

@JonasKL Hi, in my original response, I shared a link to the Google Maps Help Center with steps for sharing feedback to the Google Maps team via maps.google.com and the Google Maps app (Android + iOS), hope that helps. 🙂

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 9

Hello @TraciC

I have followed all the above procedures but it seems my edit problem is bigger than what the guys working there are handling.

I have taken now like 3 months reporting, It has reached a place I can just ignore them. and keep on mapping what I see can be added to maps. I think I have played my part as a mapper. An instance I have reported a non-existing place, the edit reads approved and later like a week when you search it. it is very much alive in maps.

Thank you

Regards

JonasK