VinayakGarg's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Street food Stall - Category Request

Hi, 

I would like to request the team to consider addition of category for street food. 

There are many really famous street food stalls which have been running for many years and have a huge following. It somehow feels wrong to mark them as restaurants as it may confuse travelers and visitors about the facilities to expect. 

5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Street food Stall - Category Request

We hear you @VinayakGarg. We'll pass this along to the team

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor
Solution

We hear you @VinayakGarg. We'll pass this along to the team

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 7

Thank you @LuisRG This would be really helpful. 

Level 6

hi @LuisRG@VinayakGarg

We have it a lot here in Indonesia too, we call it "warung", may of them is fix stall just road side. By categorizing them as street food, people who look at the review will understand the condition of the food stall, they wouldn't see a nice place, but they can expect a good food.

sometimes I confuse on answering Google maps questions, for this kind of "Restaurant", like a question "Do they have high chair", "Do They have bar", etc etc, that is too far away from what we can expect from a street food stall.

Level 7

I suggest that you use the category, "snack bar"

Here are both British and American definitions of this term:  http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/snack-bar

Level 10

Yes here in Thailand it's a way of life. These markets are usually open at night and cleared away before the morning.