IlgamN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Strange bug in my point system

Dear mates I need your help. I have a bug in my point system. I was 5 level and had 500+ points now I'm 4 level. In several hours lost 350 points. Yes, I read the topic "Seeing a loss of Local Guides points?" I wrote Google company and wrote Moderator @TraciC. Unfortunately nobody replied. I didn't break policy. I wrote only Positive 478 reviews added more than 140 photos, added 10+ new places. Here you can see my screenshots, on the left side it's written "478 reviews". It is strange here I'm 5 level but in Google maps I'm 4 level. I'm sure it is a bug! Please help me to solve the problem and return my points. I really worked hard,,,on the left side you can see 478 reviewson the left side you can see 478 reviews

ot I wrote 7 positive reviews just to check the bugot I wrote 7 positive reviews just to check the bug

after several hours it's again 263 points. Exactly a bugafter several hours it's again 263 points. Exactly a bug

how iI hit 30,000 viewshow iI hit 30,000 views

16 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: Strange bug in my point system

@IlgamN A member of the team has reached out to you via email. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.

View solution in original post

Level 6

Why did I lose Local Guide points?

In one day I lost 324 points, but how? I had 560 points and was 5 level local guide expert yesterday on 1 April 2017. I posted 478 reviews, 140 photos, added more than 10 new places, helped to correct information... Now I'm 4 level expert and have 236 points. Before joining Local guide programme I read all the rules, I followed them, didn't break them. Still can't understand what has happened and what I have done. Please help me I really worked hard to get points

Level 8

Re: Why did I lose Local Guide points?

This is just the result of some not acceptable reviews, pics or edits you made in such a short time. @IlgamN

Level 6

In one day I wrote more than 50 reviews. Maybe that was a problem. But what is the limit of reviews per day, do you know?

Level 8

There is no limit but you should write about those places which you visited rest read instructions about how to write reviews @IlgamN and read this link below

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/How-do-I/Seeing-a-loss-of-Local-Guides-points/m-p/36917/thread...

Level 6

Hello @mhjn What I've noticed is that On google map I'm 4 level, but in Local Guide 5 level. Does it mean that I can take a part on Summit 2017 in San Francisco?

Level 8

I hope you can. As on your name level 5 batch is present @IlgamN

Googler

Hi @IlgamN. I'm going to lock this thread as it's a duplicate of a thread you just posted (and tagged me in) here.

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Googler

Hi @IlgamN. I don't recall seeing a post where I was tagged from you so I'm sorry if I missed a post but if it was a private message, Google Moderators receive a large number of private messages and we 

are unable to read and respond to messages. Someone from the team will look into your account and be in touch via email privately in the coming days. Thank you.

For others:

As a reminder, Local Guides receive one point per contribution per place (so if you upload 10 photos to 1 place, you still receive 1 point) and all contributions must adhere to Google Maps' policies. Sometimes, Local Guides may see that their points have been removed because the content they have contributed violates our policies. Sometimes, points also do fluctuate, though generally return to normal within a week. If you're sure that your contributions haven't violated any policies and your points haven't returned to normal over the course of a few days, please share the following information: 

1) Where are you seeing a loss of points; desktop and/or in the Google Maps app? (Please check both maps.google.com and the Google Maps app if you have access to both)

2) Do you know where you are losing points (reviews, photos, questions, edits, added places)? 

3) How many points have you lost?

4) When did you first notice a loss of points?

Former Google Contributor

Hello @IlgamN,

As Traci mentioned, all your contributions must follow Google Maps and our Community Policy.  

Duplicated contributions, fake edits and photos not related to the place in questions may be removed (therefore does not count towards your Local Guides points) and can also result in a ban from Local Guides and Google Maps.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.