amayii0's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Strange behavior on views count: a single photo got 1M views over 2 weeks while I have 3M at tot

These aren't the droid's you're looking for @skrinkaman

hehehe

Level 8

Re: Strange behavior on views count: a single photo got 1M views over 2 weeks while I have 3M at tot

@amayii0  Please tell us where you got the Tinkerbell dust !!  Just kidding.  Could it be that it is a photo posted to a very popular destination and if we checked the other photos tfor Disneyland Paris, they too would have lots of views ?  

Level 8

No idea @Nick-Hobgood.

Now waiting to get a free night at Disneyland Paris 😄

Level 10

Hi @amayii0. I may have found a potential reason for the very high views. Both photos are the lead photo in Google Earth for those POI's. The photos below are screen scrapes from Google Earth. I have noticed the same thing with many of my own photos that are featured in the Picture 'bubbles' on Google Earth. I have no idea who selects them to appear in Google Earth but it boosts the view count for those that are.Maybe @PaulPavlinovich  can check it out.

Brinko Depot Fontaine-l'ÈvèqueBrinko Depot Fontaine-l'Èvèque

Disneyland Paris (after selecting the bubble) There's a number of bubbles and it took me a while to find it)Disneyland Paris (after selecting the bubble) There's a number of bubbles and it took me a while to find it)

Regards Koby

@Nick-Hobgood  @skrinkaman 

@LucioV @

Connect Moderator

Good find @Koby that would likely do it 🙂

Level 8

Ah finally we know why. Thanks a lot @Koby!

Level 7

It's probably the fake google bots aligned with Zuckerberg droids and actual views.. Is have wierd photo counts as well.

Level 10

Same thing ..... on a smaller scale. Strange .... what does google say?

My average is 1000 per pic. Why this click-exegaration on a meaningless pic?

Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-12 um 22.26.37.png

Level 7

Sometimes I happens to me as well, I noticed that some pictures get a variety of quantity of views. I think there are some bugs with these situation in the google maps application for android.

@amayii0 wrote:

Hello,

Very strange stats for this photo, any clue?

7-02-2018 09-28-48.jpg

Level 7

On a more grander scale social media giants use social interaction to engage their users to promote crazy stuff like you see here. Using bots for example to make you feel good about posts you make on social media.