MariosL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Spheres with 70,000 views are rejected

@Pea @Corrie 

"Small, discreet copyright notices (such as a business name or logo) are allowed. Email addresses and phone numbers cannot be included in your images. Acceptable attribution must be limited to the bottom 10% of photos and the bottom 36º (bottom 20%) of photo spheres".

So according to this term it's clear that I am allowed to publish on the nadir of my spheres, besides my name, the link too to my website, because it is NOT clearly being mentioned as not to be allowed. If something changed to this rule, this does NOT applies to us the photographers, unless you mention clearly the changes on your terms of use, the date of those changes starting uplied and be sure that you have informed us about this. And of course photos uploaded so far, having links to our websites, are O.K. with the above terms of use. So why are you rejecting my 70,000 views photos for this reason, if this is the case ?

Street View Moderator

Hello @MariosL,

Thanks so much for escalating this.

I have some information about why a few of your photos were rejected. 

We looked at handful, and this 360 photo, this 360 photo, and this 360 photo were rejected due to bad image quality. This 360 photo was rejected because it was super-imposed.

For future reference, please expand the section on Image Clarity and Quality on this page: you will see we have requirements around resolution and image clarity.

I hope this helps. To address your concerns, if image acceptance policies change, we will certainly update documentation before enacting any new policies.

Thanks to @Pea for helping to address this as well!

Level 6

@NatalieP

".... were rejected due to bad image quality" !!!

This is a serious accuse to my work  @NatalieP , which I don't accept (photographer since 1956, 80 years old) and I surely want some more specific explanations and details on that .. 

Street View Moderator

@MariosL,

In these cases, that phrase refers to a number of signals and is generic standard wording: reasons could include resolution and file size of the image. Do you want to double-check that the 360 photos meet the requirements I linked here? For example, the concert hall image is under our file size requirements.

I'll also do some further investigation on the others and get back to you privately. How does that sound?

@Corrie FYI for you!

Level 6

@NatalieP That sounds good to me @NatalieP  I'm expecting the results of your investigation

Level 10

Found 360d approved photos are now rejected. Please look into it.

@NatalieP @MariosL @Pea @Svein @JibananandaG

Level 9
Level 9

@ProfArunCM wrote:

Found 360d approved photos are now rejected. Please look into it.

@ProfArunCM please start your own thread and give a full explanation of your issue

Level 5

@NatalieP wrote:

Hello @MariosL,

We looked at handful, and this 360

@NatalieP wrote:

Hello @MariosL,

We looked at handful, and this 360 photo, this 360 photo, and this 360 photo were rejected due to bad image quality. This 360 photo was rejected because it was super-imposed.

For future reference, please expand the section on Image Clarity and Quality on this page: you will see we have requirements around resolution and image clarity.

I hope this helps. To address your concerns, if image acceptance policies change, we will certainly update documentation before enacting any new policies.

I
 would like to contribute to Google Maps with 360 photos as well. I am not an expert, but 360 photos from @MariosL looks just perfect to me. From my opinion, and as I sad I am not expert as @NatalieP, but I think I saw many worse 360 photos on  Google Maps, with cut lines and people without heads or legs. I would like to learn more about 360 photos, so if someone from Google show us some really good 360 photos, perhaps some with the most views on Maps, it would be highly appreciated.

Level 2

@MariosLI can see your "rejected" spheres. Are they still rejected. They look perfect to me, at Google Maps I saw thousands worse photospheres. I thing Google do not likes you for some reason.

Level 5

Ok, sphere with 70.000 views are rejected. But what about this one? Is this some fake info?Amazing number of views for rejected photoAmazing number of views for rejected photo