iShahrukh's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Special Timings Edits

Hi,

Banks in India are operational on Weekdays and only on 1st, 3rd and 5th Saturday of a month.

In other words, Bank in India remains closed only on 2nd and 4th Saturday of a month and on Sundays.

However, I do not find a way to add this in Google Maps. Kindly help me with the same.

Regards,

Shahrukh Ahmed.

India
8 comments
Level 8

Re: Special Timings Edits

Hii @iShahrukh

You can add Hours By Week not by Month

Suggest an edit

1. Open the Google Maps app Google Maps.
  2. Search for a place or tap it on the map.
  3. Scroll down and select Suggest an edit.
  4. Follow the instructions.
  5. Tap Send Send.

Note: If someone submits an edit for a place, you might see the edit. If you’re familiar with the place, tell us if the edit is right or wrong by tapping on the suggested edit. Your feedback will help Google Maps decide if the place's information should be changed.

Hours

Enter the hours a place is open. You can add different hours for different days of the week.

I Hope it helps you.

Level 9

hello @iShahrukh have a look what @JeroenM says about it. 

As far as I am aware, this advanced functionality is not available in Maps.
You are kindly advised to also report this feedback/ feature request to the Maps Product team, as this is a typical Maps feature you are asking for and not exclusive to our Local Guides Program.

In addition to you request, one can also find people asking in multiple threads on this Board for summer hours versus the rest of the year. Many countries with a warm climate, have different opening hours in the summer time. This has yet to happen and we (Local Guides) are expected to change the opening hours every time the season changes. That is of course easy for a claimed business that manages its own hours, but an enormous tasks for Local Guides to keep doing for unclaimed businesses in their area.

Your issue, is even more complicated and probably more local.

We must all appreciate that by adding more advanced features, like your request here, it does require more thought in relation to the User Interface. The more options, the more complicated it gets for a user, the more that can go wrong.

For more let me invite @ErmesT.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 6

Thanks a lot for your kind reply. I will make a note of requesting a Feature Add!

@deepakjhic wrote:

hello @iShahrukh have a look what @JeroenM says about it. 

As far as I am aware, this advanced functionality is not available in Maps.
You are kindly advised to also report this feedback/ feature request to the Maps Product team, as this is a typical Maps feature you are asking for and not exclusive to our Local Guides Program.

In addition to you request, one can also find people asking in multiple threads on this Board for summer hours versus the rest of the year. Many countries with a warm climate, have different opening hours in the summer time. This has yet to happen and we (Local Guides) are expected to change the opening hours every time the season changes. That is of course easy for a claimed business that manages its own hours, but an enormous tasks for Local Guides to keep doing for unclaimed businesses in their area.

Your issue, is even more complicated and probably more local.

We must all appreciate that by adding more advanced features, like your request here, it does require more thought in relation to the User Interface. The more options, the more complicated it gets for a user, the more that can go wrong.

For more let me invite @ErmesT.

Connect Moderator

Thanks @deepakjhic for inviting me. This is an interesting point, that in my opinion need to be deepest explored. There are a lot of activities with an opening time related to a monthly calendar, and not repeated every week. I'm trying to imagine a maps interface to introduce such type of information 😞

E.g. near my house there is a street market that opens only the first Sunday of every month.

Well, inside the software it is just an algorithm but, I repeat, It is difficult for me to imagine the interface to introduce the data.

I'm moving the post in "feedback and features request", to see what people from Maps think about this intriguing point.

Thanks @iShahrukh for your interesting post 🙂

Level 6

Thank you @ErmesT for your kind reply and insight of the same. The first ever post out here made my day.

Also, a lot of gracias for redefining the category.

Hoping for more such innovative and enriched encounter in the future.

Regards.

Connect Moderator

Hello @ErmesT @iShahrukh @deepakjhic

Same issue​ with Government offices in India remains closed only on 2nd and 4th Saturday of month and Sundays. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 7

Hi @iShahrukh, until you get a response from Google team on your request, you may write a review for that place and mention same Timings in your review.

Secondly, check if they have displayed these Timings somewhere, you may take a picture of the same and upload for that place. 

Level 6

Hi @EjazShah , I try to take pictures and post the same whenever possible so that the users in general get an idea of the timings. Thank you for the kind suggestion.

Hello @NareshDarji, Yes, it is also the same with the Government Offices and thus I strongly feel a feature like this is instantly required.