Amiran's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Sparse road names on new face of the map

Hi,

The new face of Google Maps is clean, clear and nice. I really like it. But at least in Persian language it caused sparse names for some roads on the map and some characters have been missed!

For example

"خیابان حافظ"

Which is "Hafez Avenue" in English is now visible as

"خیابان حا"

Which can be transliterate as "Ha Avenue" !!

This happened for many roads.Missed Charachters.jpg

Do you saw such problem in another language?

I Ask Googlers to solve this visibility issue @BruceDM

Thanks

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Iran
3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Sparse road names on new face of the map

Hello @Amiran,

Thank you for sharing your observations.  I have recently escalated some issues with Iranian/English translations on Google Maps and these road issues you have shared are now also going to be reviewed. In the process of updating the maps, I am unclear why these items adjust as they do but the appropriate teams will take a look and make the changes over time. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 10

Thank you dear @BruceDM for your attention to Persian language on Maps and for your kindness.

You're really an amazing and good supporter. This is our pleasure to have you on LG Connect. Hope one day we can host you in Iran or at least I have this opportunity to meet you on summit and bring some gifts for you from Iran 🙂

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Former Google Contributor

@Amiran - So kind of you!  I'm here for all of you so always feel free to raise any concerns and myself or another moderator will look into it for you!

I am not available to respond on the weekend