HelloSamsonR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Spammers Adding Ads To Tags On Localguidesconnect.com

Hi, Recently I have come to see the recent tricks spammers are using to advertise contents on

Localguidesconnect.com

After users make a reply spammers are now adding their website's businesses or business details. What can the team do to stop this ? Very simple don't allow another user to be able to add tags in a reply,post or comment. A very user has the right and responsibility to make choices regarding to add tags instead of making it open for anyone to add a tag. Even on Google featured posts tags like this are been added and it is really good if the team look at this as soon as possible before this latest trick gets frequently common. Even some of the spammers pretend to be making a post perhaps by asking mind grabbing questions and when you open such post you find the content irrelevant but under the tags adverts. Hope this gets look at sooner than expected.

Regards

San Francisco, CA, United States
8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Spammers Adding Ads To Tags On Localguidesconnect.com

Hi @HelloSamsonR, I used to "clean up" spammy (or other, inappropriate) tags in the past and after a design change, I now learnt how to do this again. 

Anyway, if you see this again, please simply report the post (three dots menu at top right) as "inappropriate" and someone will take care. I hate spam too, and I know that Google's automatic invitation (after someone suggests a few changes) will pull spammers like a magnet.

View solution in original post

Level 9

Yeah , I noticed this trick from spammers 

@HelloSamsonR :-)))

Level 10

Hi Osama Good good you noticed it too. In the past weeks @PaulPavlinovich too also helped get some tags off a post by a realtor who came to spam with is business using tactical means of getting attention. Users like us don't have the ability to remove the tags, but only add. My advice is allow only users add tags on their post.

Connect Moderator

Scammers/Spammers are always trying new games. I'll keep following them around cleaning up their mess :).

Level 7

@PaulPavlinovich Good Job Chief ... Please Continue like this , Best wishes and Will make our Maps clean and clear always ..

Have a Great day ..

Connect Moderator

You are right bro @HelloSamsonR I've noticed in last few days many spammers in this forum also marked as a irrelevant in forum. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10
Solution

Hi @HelloSamsonR, I used to "clean up" spammy (or other, inappropriate) tags in the past and after a design change, I now learnt how to do this again. 

Anyway, if you see this again, please simply report the post (three dots menu at top right) as "inappropriate" and someone will take care. I hate spam too, and I know that Google's automatic invitation (after someone suggests a few changes) will pull spammers like a magnet.

Former Google Contributor

Thank you all for being so concerned with this, as we are. As @Csaba said, the best option is "report as inappropriate", as that way the whole team will be able to see what's going on and react accordingly.

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 10

Hi Everyone a quick one. When reporting make sure you also write details of why you are reporting a spam tag in the report section. In case you miss doing so, a moderator might not see the reasons why you are reporting the post. Simply indicate the user included a spam tag. Thanks to @Csaba as well for giving us insight the insight that we can report spam post with spammy tags.