aashishvanand's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Spam of renaming popular places to "Packers And Moϋers Chennai"

Progress: In about 18 hrs over multiple days, followed the trail of 78 spam profiles, reported 83 spam places, found 630 spam profiles. Kind regards from Osaka78

Level 10

Progress: In about 24 hrs over multiple days, followed trail of 729 spam profiles, reported 94 spam places, found 1241 spam profiles. Happy New Year and kind regards from Osaka78

Former Google Contributor

You are incredible, @Osaka78forTRUMP!!! I may have missed something in-between and I want to check if you are in touch with anyone from the team with regards to the reporting of these spam profiles? Or are you reporting them in-app itself? 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 7

Hello All

I've been doing some research and looking in to this and yea someone from Agarwal Packers & Movers Chennai FYI = They have a website, is most likely the one doing the spamming.

They have a number of locations ( 8 in total in Tamil Nadu ) though should only have one in Chennai.

Level 10

Dear @JeslynL, hope all's well. Happy New Year, thanks for saying hi. Yes, already asked Gus if he wants to see list of spam profiles. Not sure how to report a Maps profile within Maps, is there a way? We've been reporting spam places, we'll let Google sort out photos and reviews for those. For legitimate places with spam reviews/photos we reported each review and photo individually. Thanks again, JeslynL, happy New Year and kind regards from Osaka78

@JeslynL wrote:

You are incredible, @Osaka78forTRUMP!!! I may have missed something in-between and I want to check if you are in touch with anyone from the team with regards to the reporting of these spam profiles? Or are you reporting them in-app itself? 

Level 10

Awesome, @GenerolHavoc, that's great you decided to join in. Happy New Year and kind regards from Osaka78

@GenerolHavoc wrote:

Hello All

I've been doing some research and looking in to this and yea someone from Agarwal Packers & Movers Chennai FYI = They have a website, is most likely the one doing the spamming.

They have a number of locations ( 8 in total in Tamil Nadu ) though should only have one in Chennai.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Osaka78forTRUMP, thank you for all your AMAZING help on keeping the map clean and safe from spam, we really appreciate it and value a lot!

Every time a spam edit is flagged, it generates a bunch on signals that later on helps us identifies the users and trends in areas we need to focus our attention to.

We are constantly running sweeps and evaluations on our users to control what's in Google Maps and stop them from adding fake places. Also with the help of Local Guides like you, we know that business like Packers and Movers can be a category very tricky so we defintely pay very close attention to it and have increased our regular sweeps.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 10

@Osaka78forTRUMP wrote:

Dear @JeslynL, hope all's well. Happy New Year, thanks for saying hi. Yes, already asked Gus if he wants to see list of spam profiles. Not sure how to report a Maps profile within Maps, is there a way? We've been reporting spam places, we'll let Google sort out photos and reviews for those. For legitimate places with spam reviews/photos we reported each review and photo individually. Thanks again, JeslynL, happy New Year and kind regards from Osaka78

@JeslynL wrote:

No @Osaka78forTRUMP you have to report privately.

Great work! I'm doing something near my house too 🙂

Level 10

Dear @aashishvanand @DesikanJ @OSAMA @NareshDarji @DibyayanC @JohnnyE @Csaba @LucioV @GenerolHavoc, hope all's well. Thanks everyone for joining in the conversation and Christmas to New Years Packer Spam Hunt. It was extremely motivating to work alongside you all. For right now we're winding down spam hunting in order to focus elsewhere, we'll keep packer spam as a priority this year. It's nice seeing how contributions change Maps over time. This conversation has been very productive with multiple Google insiders letting us know we're on the right track. Thank you everyone for chipping in. We believe all our contributions put together over time can have a hugely beneficial effect on Maps. Thanks again and kindest regards from Osaka78 PS Please let us know anytime you'd like to do something similar again in the future, it's great to team up together. 🙂

Level 9

@Osaka78forTRUMP wrote:

Dear @aashishvanand @DesikanJ @OSAMA @NareshDarji @DibyayanC @JohnnyE @Csaba @LucioV @GenerolHavoc, hope all's well. Thanks everyone for joining in the conversation and Christmas to New Years Packer Spam Hunt. It was extremely motivating to work alongside you all. For right now we're winding down spam hunting in order to focus elsewhere, we'll keep packer spam as a priority this year. It's nice seeing how contributions change Maps over time. This conversation has been very productive with multiple Google insiders letting us know we're on the right track. Thank you everyone for chipping in. We believe all our contributions put together over time can have a hugely beneficial effect on Maps. Thanks again and kindest regards from Osaka78 PS Please let us know anytime you'd like to do something similar again in the future, it's great to team up together. 🙂

@Osaka78forTRUMP you are very welcome. It's been a pleasure to team up with all of you guys. Well said, together we can make a huge difference.