Amiran's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Something about Q&A feature

Hi all, My note is about one good but not controlled feature.

I can easily see that "Question and Answer" feature will convert Google Maps to a messed up social network!

Users are adding their comments and feeling of a place to get others feedback and this is not the goal of Q&A for locations.

Specially for Iran because we have no access to add reviews on mobile devices but Q&A feature is available and even has an easy access field, users are adding their reviews into it instead of review section. This is too annoying. I warned about this before but no one heard me like every time I write some feedback. These days, although only few days passed from starting Q&A on android I clearly see lots of users are adding somethings in Q&A field while that is not real question about properties of that place. Also many users are adding repetetive and duplicate questions or adding many questiohs only to make discussion with other users.

I request Googlers to make the access to Q&A field harder, for example at the end of top reviews.  @lisawang@LawrenceNYC@JeslynL @LuisRG

Also I ask to insert more options to report a question or answer, For example "Off topic", "This is not a question at all", "Emotional Question" and something alike. It would be good if before submitting a question, system warn users that they used no question sign "?" and tell them that this is a question part and you should "ask" something.

Also if Google warn users that their question is reported for a special reason - which should be mentioned by system - (Ex: your question reported because of hate speech) and tell them that Google will review their question and if it violates the rules this affect their activity, This will help to edit or remove question sooner by user. Surely there should be a record of previous activities on a question for Googlers to check it and the report, accurately.

This is what I really concern about it and think if Google do not control it, It will cause many spam situations on the map.

Hope friends who are top users of LG Connect beside tourism and communication aspects of LG, pay attention to mapping aspects of the program and by giving feedback and request for features, help to make the map better and more reliable. @OSAMA @HelloSamsonR  @BishowvijayaP

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
3 comments
Level 9

Re: Something about Q&A feature

Yeah I think the Q&A must have more control on , for example today I received to help on a question about the USA embassy 

That out of the Topic , @Amiran 🙂

Level 10

Thanks dear @OSAMA, I really appreciate your support for such important matters.

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Level 10

I am in agreement with your words @Amiran bro. It needs more things to be controlled in Q&A feature for the betterment of it. I hope Googlers will pay attention to it.