khammami's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Some places are not editable

Hi everyone,

I noticed lately that some places on Google Maps are not editable and somehow some of these places I've added them a long time ago using Google map Maker

Here two places I'm trying to edit:

https://goo.gl/maps/9y8Gza32d8H2

https://goo.gl/maps/CJxXzcG2wQF2

When I try to report Data problem I get this message

Screenshot_2017-04-22-11-22-37.png

5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Some places are not editable

Hi @khammami

@HansPG and @AbdullahAM are absolutely right about your issue! The points were added as polygon a long time ago and users can't edit them as this features is not available anymore. Therefore feel free to add these points to the map again so they are categorized as POI (Points of Interest) instead of a Compound Ground.

Region restrictions are related to a bunch of reason, some are because of data, some for other legal reasons, it varies a lot.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Level 10

Khalil, I've found that also, not infrequently near where I've just made an edit.  Often when I get that message, if I try again it works fine.  Other places I try to edit will give a dialog with a line with the name and a check box, and a line for Notes.  Then if you check the box, a middle line is added to type the correct name, as it says in the image below (this particular case is only an example, and I'm not aware of any errors in it).  Then, if I do try to send a correction, it almost invariably rejects sending the correction for some reason such as the (now correct) information being "invalid" somehow.  I've experienced this problem with all sorts of features, such as businesses and not just parks like this Roman garden (just west of Piazza del Populo).  

"Broken" edit dialog box."Broken" edit dialog box.

Level 9

Hello @khammami

I think both of them are Building. Drawing of Building boarder is disabled, so you can't draw or edit a building boarder. 

Level 8

thanks @HansPG, it looks @AbdullahAM is right about my case.

Hi @GusMoreira, any explanation about this issue? should I re-add  those places? one more question about region restrictions, are they inherited from map maker or is it related to location history availability?

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @khammami

@HansPG and @AbdullahAM are absolutely right about your issue! The points were added as polygon a long time ago and users can't edit them as this features is not available anymore. Therefore feel free to add these points to the map again so they are categorized as POI (Points of Interest) instead of a Compound Ground.

Region restrictions are related to a bunch of reason, some are because of data, some for other legal reasons, it varies a lot.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 8

Thanks @GusMoreira, I will try to add them again as POI.